The Student Room Group

Will universities still reject me if i have 10 a stars but a C in english language?

I want to do medicine btw, a* in literature but im told that doesnt matter :-(

Scroll to see replies

get excellent As im sure one lower grade gcse is not that desperate.
Original post by Uranium Potato

If their minimum requirement is a B or higher, then yes they will. If they only require a C then you're fine.
Reply 3
Some Unis state that the lit grade can be used over the lang and entry requirements are somewhat flexible. Also some Unis take C grade English, for example Sheffield or Exeter (Russell Group). Just find Unis that accept C or retake it.
(edited 6 years ago)
just re-do it for your second year of college if you drop a subject and continue with 3 A-levels (but if you want to do medicine you'll probably need all those subjects anyway...)
Original post by babsxox
just re-do it for your second year of college if you drop a subject and continue with 3 A-levels (but if you want to do medicine you'll probably need all those subjects anyway...)

maybe check what medical school you're applying to needs, usually they require 3 As in maths, bio, and chem (i think????) but most universities only ask for 3 a levels anyway (meaning you can replace the unnecessary AS with GCSE english language)
Original post by babsxox
maybe check what medical school you're applying to needs, usually they require 3 As in maths, bio, and chem (i think????) but most universities only ask for 3 a levels anyway (meaning you can replace the unnecessary AS with GCSE english language)

Original post by Rusaida
Some Unis state that the lit grade can be used over the lang and entry requirements are somewhat flexible. Also some Unis take C grade English, for example Sheffield or Exeter (Russell Group). Just find Unis that accept C or retake it.

Original post by ForestCat
If their minimum requirement is a B or higher, then yes they will. If they only require a C then you're fine.

Original post by paulbarlow
get excellent As im sure one lower grade gcse is not that desperate.

Thanks for replies guys, I just got home to know that i received 9 more marks in my english LITERATURE (at time of first post i only had a 7 - 2 marks offf an a star - now i have an 8) and im sure that God will also grant me that a star in LANGUAGE too (at time of remark i have a 6, 4 off a 5) 12 off an a. He is good and will give accordingly to how hard i worked, which is hard - trust me. Once again, sincere thanks for replies :biggrin:
Reply 7
Thanks for replies guys, I just got home to know that i received 9 more marks in my english LITERATURE (at time of first post i only had a 7 - 2 marks offf an a star - now i have an 8) and im sure that God will also grant me that a star in LANGUAGE too (at time of remark i have a 6, 4 off a 5) 12 off an a. He is good and will give accordingly to how hard i worked, which is hard - trust me. Once again, sincere thanks for replies :biggrin:

what ended up happening? did your grade increase?
Original post by leahnj
what ended up happening? did your grade increase?

Ended up with 10 a stars and the B still remained. But im still really happy and thankful though
Reply 9
Ended up with 10 a stars and the B still remained. But im still really happy and thankful though

Those are still outstading grades and i wish you well for the future!!

how do you get 10A*s and a B in english lol? also, did your school miss out on the grading system change?
Original post by leahnj
Those are still outstading grades and i wish you well for the future!!

Thank you very much, same to you. BTW if you're in your a levels, what grades did you get for your gcses?
soz but you might as well start filling out your mcdonalds job application :P
Original post by Mendeley Desktop
how do you get 10A*s and a B in english lol? also, did your school miss out on the grading system change?

No, we did the new system. I just couldn't be asked to write all the numbers lol. I got an 8 for maths and english lit, but only a 6 for lang. To answer the first question, i honestly don't know, i thought i did well as well. Recently there's been reports of AQA (my exam board) messing up their remarks resulting in them being disciplined by Ofqual, but too late for me now though lol. But I'm still really happy as i joined my school in year 9 from India (Born in India, I was in Belfast (NI) for 8 years, then went to back to India for 3 years, came to mainland Uk in y9), so im also really happy that i got an A star in spanish beating people who learnt it for 5 years.

Everything's by the good grace of God, and I'm very happy and thankful.
Original post by CinnamonSmol
soz but you might as well start filling out your mcdonalds job application :P

Any vacancies out yet? :colondollar:
This thread is ridiculous
Original post by YaliaV
This thread is ridiculous

how?
how?

That mungbean probably got 4 rejections.
Original post by Mendeley Desktop
That mungbean probably got 4 rejections.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 19

Yes it is highly likely they will, barring a miracle.

[video="youtube;7L0zKFVUznQ"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7L0zKFVUznQ[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending