The Student Room Group

Is anyone else getting fed up with all these marvel movies?

They all seem to have the same formula and look visually bland..

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kasa

mhm, i agree. i've never been a big marvel OR Dc film fan.i think the classic comics/films are pretty good, but the new stuff does nothing for me.

i do find them boring, but i know a lot of people who're actually pretty into them. each to their own i guess
it is not compulsory to watch them
that infinity war trailer is magnificent though
I feel is always yhe same, the hero win, that's it
Original post by dariopussolo
I feel is always yhe same, the hero win, that's it

pretty sure 98% of other films end in the good guy winning
Reply 6
There's too much of them I agree

The Reboots started off with X-men ...then suddenly more and more and more other marvel characters started getting made into films..

I've actually lost count how much marvel movies there's been in the last 20 years, probably close to 20 actually
Original post by Ray_Shadows
that infinity war trailer is magnificent though

Yeah I have disliked several marvel films throughout its time (Iron man 2, Thor, Doctor Strange) But that trailer was one of the all time best trailers , for some reason i love the bit where spidermans hair stands up lol that and the music was madness
Original post by Ray_Shadows
pretty sure 98% of other films end in the good guy winning

There is some physically fight and that's it.
However yes, I don't like majority of films, especially horror one since they are similar to each other. I think they did so many films in general that only few one have an actual good idea.
Original post by _Guardian_
Yeah I have disliked several marvel films throughout its time (Iron man 2, Thor, Doctor Strange) But that trailer was one of the all time best trailers , for some reason i love the bit where spidermans hair stands up lol that and the music was madness

yeh that was epic
Original post by dariopussolo
There is some physically fight and that's it.
However yes, I don't like majority of films, especially horror one since they are similar to each other. I think they did so many films in general that only few one have an actual good idea.

fair enough
Original post by Kasa

Depends tbh... I'm a huge DC fan and even I'm pretty excited for Infinity War. Marvel took 10 years to build up this story which is pretty incredible tbh. I guess it's the idea that it's always cliche. We're gonna be getting more anyways, they've confirmed that they're going to make 23 more films in the next 10 years thanks to the $52.4 billion acquisition they made with FOX.
Original post by ANM775
I've actually lost count how much marvel movies there's been in the last 20 years, probably close to 20 actually

There's been 17 in the last nine years alone, just from the Cinematic Universe, with the 2018 releases bringing the number to an even 20 in the decade since Iron Man. Over the last twenty years there have been 45 films made based on Marvel properties.
The MCU is this generation’s Star Wars. Future generations will look back to this time period as a high point for comic-book superhero movies.
Yes and No.

With these Marvel films coming out it's changing the cinema industry a lot. Sequels and remakes are making hundreds of millions of dollars and Disney (who own like half the industry or some **** now) are going to keep pumping out these films for a looonng time and I doubt any raw original screenwriting and movies are going to come out of them simply because they can continuously make these sequels and get hundreds of millions.

For a non super hero movie fan this is probably treacherous. I don't like the way the industry is going - 1/25 films in the top 25 grossing films of 2017 was an original film (dunkirk) and not a remake or sequel, but I'm still going to watch every marvel/dc film.
Reply 15
Jesus... It's worst that I though lol
Original post by the bear
it is not compulsory to watch them

😂 true. Take me for instance. I've never seen any.
Cash cow is ready for milking... typical Hollywood... can't leave stuff alone
Original post by Salt Queen
😂 true. Take me for instance. I've never seen any.

what kind of films do u like kween ?

:holmes:
Yes.All boring,generic,kid oriented films

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest