The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

PHARMACY INTERVIEW @ Portsmouth

HI Guys
I have an interview for pharmacy at Portsmouth university. I really want to get in to Portsmouth. How shall I prepare for the interview? What is it like? Any tips and advice would be helpful? Any current students please help?
Please share any example questions?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by DoctorAngel
HI Guys
I have an interview for pharmacy at Portsmouth university. I really want to get in to Portsmouth. How shall I prepare for the interview? What is it like? Any tips and advice would be helpful? Any current students please help?
Please share any example questions?

I have been invited to interview next week for pharmacy too. I’m so nervous and I have no idea how the mini multiple interview will be, how to prepare specially for maths, English, Biology and chemistry questions. I really hope to get brife idea just before the interview
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Tell me how urs goes..how are u prepping for it?
Reply 3
Tell me how urs goes..how are u prepping for it?

I have not prepared yet! I don’t know how to prepare. I’m looking for people who had experience to give me any advice, but seems to be nobody wants to help. Please let me know if you will get any clue
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Nw_N
I have not prepared yet! I don’t know how to prepare. I’m looking for people how had experience to get me any advice, but seems to be nobody wants to help. Please let me know if you will get any clue

I also have my interview on Thursday (11/01) for Pharmacy. I have been told a little bit about the interview from my friend.
Aw please can you share some info with me ❤️
Aw please can you share some info with me ❤️

Based on what they said:

Maths Questions are basically conversions: L to cL to mL.
Chemistry Questions: Your given a structural formula of an organic molecule and you have to identify different functional groups.
Biology Questions (ones I'm most concerned about): You may be given diagrams of the heart or digestive system and your job would be label them. I'm dreading the biology questions tbh.
Oh god I’m sacred! I’m so bad with bio to 😭😭😭it’s so hard
Oh god I’m sacred! I’m so bad with bio to 😭😭😭it’s so hard

Same lol, they could ask about anything.
Reply 9
Original post by awardak15
I also have my interview on Thursday (11/01) for Pharmacy. I have been told a little bit about the interview from my friend.

Oh we will meet up there then 😅. Thanks for sharing these information. Did they tell you anything else about English test and what they meant by mini multiple interview?
Apparently it’s 8 stations each minute long and its staff interaction and student and applicant interaction and they test us on bio chem English maths knowledge like really all this for Pharamacy? Just a bit curious but why do you want to do pharamacy btw?
Reply 11
Apparently it’s 8 stations each minute long and its staff interaction and student and applicant interaction and they test us on bio chem English maths knowledge like really all this for Pharamacy? Just a bit curious but why do you want to do pharamacy btw?

Oh thanks for your reply. What was your maths, biology and chemistry questions? And was it like group interview or individual! And how long did it take to get an offer, if you did?
Lol sorry but mines on the 26th
Reply 13
Lol sorry but mines on the 26th

Oh I thought you’ve already done it in December. Good luck
has anyone gotten an offer from Portsmouth already?
Yeah
whats the offer and are you planning on making them your frim choice?

I got 128 UCAS conditional offer btw
Original post by Nw_N
I have not prepared yet! I don’t know how to prepare. I’m looking for people who had experience to give me any advice, but seems to be nobody wants to help. Please let me know if you will get any clue

Hey, how did your interview go? I also have an interview there soon. What type of questions can I expect? Were the maths, chemistry, and biology tests hard?
it would be really helpful if you could answer back soon, please.
it was a MMI but the questions were on computers. All the questions were relatively easy, you just need to know about ml to l etc
nothing serious really.
Original post by temmy234
it was a MMI but the questions were on computers. All the questions were relatively easy, you just need to know about ml to l etc
nothing serious really.

Thank you. Its just I haven't really done much maths since school, so I was little worried. :frown: but is that what all the maths questions are based on, converting between units? or do they aks other questions too.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending