The Student Room Group

Healthcare science audiology undergrad 2018 start

Anyone else applying for audiology to start in 2018??
Reply 1
Original post by Ff17
Anyone else applying for audiology to start in 2018??

I am
I'm applying to Leeds, Manchester, Aston, DMU, and Middlesex
How about you?
Reply 2
Original post by anamor
I am
I'm applying to Leeds, Manchester, Aston, DMU, and Middlesex
How about you?

Applied to Leeds Manchester Aston dmu and Swansea, got an offer for dmu and interview for Manchester wbu?
I'm applying to Manchester and Leeds!
I've applied to Aston, Middlesex, Swansea and Leeds
Reply 5
I applied for aston, manchester, leeds, southampton, demontford. But im not too sure about audiology. Im stuck between audiology and optometry
Reply 6
Original post by M_M786
I applied for aston, manchester, leeds, southampton, demontford. But im not too sure about audiology. Im stuck between audiology and optometry

I thought Southampton got rid of the course ??
Reply 7
Im not sure if it did or not? But i heard its really good for audiology. Do you kno what you want to do after you get a audiology degree? Maybe go into further study or start working for nhs?
Original post by Thatsurreygirl
I've applied to Aston, Middlesex, Swansea and Leeds

Hello Thatsurreygirl,

Happy New Year!

Good luck for your applications :smile:
I am currently studying at Middlesex!
Let me know if you have any questions.

Ludovica :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Middlesex University
Hello Thatsurreygirl,

Happy New Year!

Good luck for your applications :smile:
I am currently studying at Middlesex!
Let me know if you have any questions.

Ludovica :smile:

Hi I have been invited in for an interview at Middlesex
any tips??
Original post by anamor
Hi I have been invited in for an interview at Middlesex
any tips??

Hello,

That is great, good luck :smile:
Why don't you have a look here: http://www.mdx.ac.uk/courses/help-with-your-application/undergraduate-application/interviews

Good luck!
Ludovica
Reply 11
What has everyone picked as there firm choice
Hi I’ve just graduated fromSunderland Univerisry doing Audiology. Message me if you have any questions
Reply 13
Original post by dawilko14
Hi I’ve just graduated fromSunderland Univerisry doing Audiology. Message me if you have any questions

Hi, I wanted to ask if you did any work experience before applying for the course, if yes then what work experience did you do? Also, I heard the course involves a lot of maths and physics? Is there a lot of maths and physics and are they difficult? Would I be at disadvantage if I have no A level in maths or physics, I do biology chemistry and osychology.
Original post by Anisa04
Hi, I wanted to ask if you did any work experience before applying for the course, if yes then what work experience did you do? Also, I heard the course involves a lot of maths and physics? Is there a lot of maths and physics and are they difficult? Would I be at disadvantage if I have no A level in maths or physics, I do biology chemistry and osychology.

I've just finished all my exams for first year audiology. My work experience before my degree was 1 day in specsavers audiology department and 2 days in audiology department in my local hospital. I just observed patients having their appointments with the audiologist, and noted everything I saw down (obviously with the exception of client confidentiality). Tbh it's not really how much but how well you understand Audiology that interviewers are looking for

The course does involve a lot of maths and physics and it can be quite challenging, but I would say biology is the most important A level. There's a lot of people on my course that haven't done maths or physics but it does give an advantage
Hi,

I didn't have any work experience prior to before applying for the course. But throughout primary and secondary school I had friends that were hearing impaired. The sunderland uni course hardly had any hard physics or maths element as I am not very strong on these at all but i managed fine. Also the A-Levels i did was Graphics, Double BTEC Science, Geography and Business Studies so i don't think it matters what a-levels really you have along as you have a science a-level. As throughout my time at school in biology i never learnt anything about the ear so so i don't think it matters as long as you have an understanding of science. As basically in my first year at uni i was just taught the basics and is really easy to get your head around it. The course at sunderland included 6 weeks placement in first year, 15 weeks in second year and 25 weeks in third year.
Hey do you remember any questions you were asked in the interview

Original post by dawilko14
Hi,

I didn't have any work experience prior to before applying for the course. But throughout primary and secondary school I had friends that were hearing impaired. The sunderland uni course hardly had any hard physics or maths element as I am not very strong on these at all but i managed fine. Also the A-Levels i did was Graphics, Double BTEC Science, Geography and Business Studies so i don't think it matters what a-levels really you have along as you have a science a-level. As throughout my time at school in biology i never learnt anything about the ear so so i don't think it matters as long as you have an understanding of science. As basically in my first year at uni i was just taught the basics and is really easy to get your head around it. The course at sunderland included 6 weeks placement in first year, 15 weeks in second year and 25 weeks in third year.

Quick Reply