The Student Room Group

How many days until your first GCSE exam? 2018!

Hi everyone!

Like the title says - how many days until your first GCSE exam this year?

You can use this site to calculate the number of days - so if your first exam was on the 1st June 2018 it's only 149 days away :eek3:

If you're not sure the date of your first exam, you can find your exam timetables online - here are the ones for Edexcel GCSEs, WJEC GCSEs, AQA GCSEs and OCR GCSEs.

Have you started revising yet? How are you feeling about your exams? Here are some questions about your GCSEs to break the ice and get you motivated :biggrin:

Best Subject:
Weakest subject:
Days to go:
First Exam:
Feeling:
Best Subject: Spanish
Weakest Subject: So many..... perhaps Maths or Physics
Days to go: 131
First Exam: Chemistry AQA
Feeling: :smile: (I know that by the time the exam comes around I will be great at all my subjects! (hopefully))

I have mock exams starting tomorrow, which I am concerned about as I know for certain I am going to get a really low mark in as there was not sufficient time to revise the entire course for the majority of the subjects. Although according to many on here, mocks are meant to scare you/prepare you, so I shouldn't let it get to me.
Best Subject: Not sure haha, probably Spanish
Weakest subject: German (I only started it this year :tongue:)
Days to go: Not sure (I don't know the dates for Cambridge IGCSE)
First Exam: Cambridge IGCSE History
Feeling: :argh:

I'm not doing too badly - my predicted grades are high but I'm struggling with all this revision haha
Reply 3
Original post by mundosinfin
Best Subject: Not sure haha, probably Spanish
Weakest subject: German (I only started it this year :tongue:)
Days to go: Not sure (I don't know the dates for Cambridge IGCSE)
First Exam: Cambridge IGCSE History
Feeling: :argh:

I'm not doing too badly - my predicted grades are high but I'm struggling with all this revision haha

You can find the Cambridge iGCSE timeable here if you're interested :h:

Good luck with your exams!
Original post by Fox Corner
You can find the Cambridge iGCSE timeable here if you're interested :h:

Good luck with your exams!

In that case it's 121 days, thanks :h:
Best Subject: Probably English literature
Weakest subject: Maths...or chemistry...or physics...anything with numbers isn't too great at the moment
Days to go: 131 (uh oh)
First Exam: French listening (god save us all)
Feeling: *internal screaming*

I've done my mocks and they were pretty okay, but I'm genuinely scared to start revision next week. I get distracted so easily and I'm such a slow worker that there's no way I could possibly cover everything, but at the same time, I know that when it really matters I can pull myself to get things done. By the time exams roll around I should *hopefully* be more prepared:redface:
Reply 6
Original post by troubletracking
Best Subject: Probably English literature
Weakest subject: Maths...or chemistry...or physics...anything with numbers isn't too great at the moment
Days to go: 131 (uh oh)
First Exam: French listening (god save us all)
Feeling: *internal screaming*

I've done my mocks and they were pretty okay, but I'm genuinely scared to start revision next week. I get distracted so easily and I'm such a slow worker that there's no way I could possibly cover everything, but at the same time, I know that when it really matters I can pull myself to get things done. By the time exams roll around I should *hopefully* be more prepared:redface:

I would say it's such a good thing that you can recognise your weak areas and work around them though! Just give yourself plenty of breaks so you can work on not being as distracted when you're actually working (you can try things like the pomodoro method) and give yourself plenty of time to work through your revision :h: Good luck!
Best Subject: Not sure, from mocks, English language, sciences or German
Weakest subject: English lit??
First Exam: RS, but before that, in April I will have German speaking (not sure of exact date)
Feeling:

Scheduling revision and making sure I cover everything in time makes me feel I'll be more than ready for the exams.
Going through the science specs with a fine toothcomb and making flashcards and notes on EVERYTHING is painful but worth it :frown:
Best Subject:Maths
Weakest subject:Physics
Days to go:6
First Exam:colone:nglish Lit
Feeling:😫 I’m feeling really nervous about my exam!!

My first ever exam is in 6 days and I’m stressing to the max. I’ve revised and revised but I’m scared it’s just not enough!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Hi everyone!

You can use this site to calculate the number of days - so if your first exam was on the 1st June 2018 it's only 149 days away :eek3:

If you're not sure the date of your first exam, you can find your exam timetables online - here are the ones for Edexcel GCSEs, WJEC GCSEs, AQA GCSEs and OCR GCSEs.

Have you started revising yet? How are you feeling about your exams? Here are some questions about your GCSEs to break the ice and get you motivated :biggrin:

Best Subject:
Weakest subject:
Days to go:
First Exam:
Feeling:

Best subject: Maths
Weakest subject: Physics
Days to go: 4
First exam: English literature WJEC
Feeling: frightened 😥😫
Reply 10
Original post by lydia1463
Best Subject:Maths
Weakest subject:Physics
Days to go:6
First Exam:colone:nglish Lit
Feeling:😫 I’m feeling really nervous about my exam!!

My first ever exam is in 6 days and I’m stressing to the max. I’ve revised and revised but I’m scared it’s just not enough!

I have my first exam on January 9th and it is English literature WJEC. I am terrified for this exam!
Best Subject: Maths
Weakest subject: Everything else :s-smilie:
Days to go: 129
First Exam: ICT, but before that in early May I have my French Speaking (not sure what day)
Feeling: :eek::confused::afraid::bawling::h:
Hi everyone!

Best Subject: Sociology
Weakest subject: Spanish
First Exam: Double Award Chemistry AQA
Feeling:😭 *absolutely bricking it*

I’ve just had my mock exams and apart from sociology which I got nearly an A in, I got 4’s and a few 5’s, and my targets are 7’s. I literally have no chance of getting a 7.
Reply 13
Best Subject: English
Weakest subject: Math
Days to go: 3
First Exam: English
Feeling: D:

I've been revising but my mock wasn't good... ;__; le help me
Best Subject: Biology or English Language
Weakest subject: MATHS - I don't hate it, I'm just so bad at it!
Days to go: 62
First Exam: R.S. (AQA) on 14th May :frown:((
Feeling: :frown::s-smilie:

P.S. Good luck to everyone who has got their GCSE exams this year! Hope you all do well :smile:
zainabmajid29
xx

Quick Reply

Latest