The Student Room Group

My Journey to success 2017-18! Notice the 'irony' in my username.

AS-Level Maths (dropped)
A-level Psychology
A-level English
A-level Applied Science

Academia:

Spoiler

A little bit about me!

Spoiler

Currently, I have 3 offers from universities to do Biomedical and 2 rejections (Oh well!). I'm still happy with what I have got:tongue:

Goals:
>My goal is to get the highest grades I can. I feel this way I will of tried my best and I won't be constantly comparing my grades/targets with other people .:colondollar::smile:
>To ACTUALLY update my thread, because my AS one sucked lol.

Remember guys, 2018 is not far but its a fresh start! Bring it on!

(edited 5 years ago)
i love maths :smile:
Original post by Oxbridge_
i love maths :smile:

It was a nightmare
Original post by TerribleGrades
It was a nightmare

I really wish you the best of luck in your alevels! :smile: I've completed my alevels this year and i felt working a bit everyday, having like a Sunday off, and working harcore around Late Feb/March onwards really worked well for me!
Original post by Oxbridge_
I really wish you the best of luck in your alevels! :smile: I've completed my alevels this year and i felt working a bit everyday, having like a Sunday off, and working harcore around Late Feb/March onwards really worked well for me!

Thank you, just been a busy 2 weeks with interviews and UCAS stuff! Time to get around to revision. I will post a specification checklist on here as a skeleton of revision for my subjects.
Psych spec paper 1.jpg
The digestive system.png
My very, extrrrremely useful mind map for the Digestive System! This will save me a lot of time :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
The digestive system.png
My very, extrrrremely useful mind map for the Digestive System! This will save me a lot of time :smile:

It certainly will ! :smile:
Original post by Lilsthebest
It certainly will ! :smile:

It took me about 30 minutes to make, making sure I had everything that was mentioned in the specification! Aye, it looks much more pretty printed out lmao.

What subjects do you do? Do you also do a science subject?
It took me about 30 minutes to make, making sure I had everything that was mentioned in the specification! Aye, it looks much more pretty printed out lmao.

What subjects do you do? Do you also do a science subject?

I am in Year 8 so I haven't even picked my GCSE'S yet let alone A level subjects . :biggrin:
Original post by Lilsthebest
I am in Year 8 so I haven't even picked my GCSE'S yet let alone A level subjects . :biggrin:

LMAO, since you're spending your time on here, might as well research the GCSE options you wish to do. Weigh your career aspiration carefully whether you wish to do an apprenticeship or go to univetsity-its your choice. Dont worry if you don't know what to do for now (I never did until year 12), have fun!

Remember though, certain careers require certain grades/subjects. Though there are ways around it! :smile:
LMAO, since you're spending your time on here, might as well research the GCSE options you wish to do. Weigh your career aspiration carefully whether you wish to do an apprenticeship or go to univetsity-its your choice. Dont worry if you don't know what to do for now (I never did until year 12), have fun!

Remember though, certain careers require certain grades/subjects. Though there are ways around it! :smile:

Thanks x
I want to choose History, RE,French and P.E (compulsory at my school) :smile:
Hiya! Good luck with your GYG :grin:
Original post by Anna1029
Hiya! Good luck with your GYG :grin:

Thanks!!!!! 😋🤗
Updates as of 20/01/18:

- I completed my Human Body exam on 18th of January, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be!!! The revision paid off. I think I got at least +/- 47 marks out of 60.
- I will now start Microbiology.
-That's my exams done until March (mocks) and June.
-Unit 2 coursework completed

To-do list:
-Check over my unit 2 coursework - [29th Jan 2018.]
-Work on my English coursework [May deadline]
-Re-read books for English
-Do more research on my EPQ

Coursework wise:
-A-level English: comparing non-fiction with fiction (stylistics approach)
-Fermentation (for science)

Other:
EPQ; this is at very bottom of my list as it's not included in my University offer. But, I will most likely push myself to do it as it is extra UCAS points. (Feb-entry deadline; may-submission deadline)
(edited 6 years ago)
Hello guys! It's a month later and I've realised I'm terrible at updating this thread.

Updates as of 22/02/18:
-I will start Microbiology on the 26th. (post-poned) My last coursework unit!!
-Unit 2 coursework completed (need to email an electronic copy to teachers)
-EPQ completed (just need to do my Production Log)
-I have mocks soon!

To-do list:
-Do half-term homework :colonhash:

Pending coursework:
-Fermentation (for science)

Other:
EPQ; - production log (Feb-entry deadline; may-submission deadline)
(edited 6 years ago)
November AS Mocks 2016:
Psychology: A
Applied Science: B
English Lang/Lit: B

Jan AS Mocks 2017
Media: B
Maths: D

June AS 2017:
Psychology: C
Applied Science: C
English Lang/Lit: D
Media: B
Maths: C

Academia:

Spoiler

A little bit about me!

Spoiler

Currently, I have 3 offers from universities to do Biomedical and 2 rejections (Oh well!). I'm still happy with what I have got:tongue:

Goals:
>My goal is to get the highest grades I can. I feel this way I will of tried my best and I won't be constantly comparing my grades/targets with other people .:colondollar::smile:
>To ACTUALLY update my thread, because my AS one sucked lol.

Remember guys, 2018 is not far but its a fresh start! Bring it on!

I am in the SAME situation bro! :tongue: Except that I have not applied to any university yet because I am not from the UK and (CIE) A-levels are in October/November here.

My mock results were good too, but I had dropped a lot in my AS exams. Right now I am struggling to improve a whole tonne more.
Original post by wifd149
I am in the SAME situation bro! :tongue: Except that I have not applied to any university yet because I am not from the UK and (CIE) A-levels are in October/November here.

My mock results were good too, but I had dropped a lot in my AS exams. Right now I am struggling to improve a whole tonne more.

Keep at it man and update me on your progress. I had a look at your profile and I see that you also like Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul :P
Keep at it man and update me on your progress. I had a look at your profile and I see that you also like Naruto and Tokyo Ghoul :P

:biggrin: Good to make a new friend! Thanks :h:
How close our exams are :unimpressed: vs how much you need to get done.

Updates as of 18/03/18:
-Started Microbiology

To-do list:

Pending coursework:

Other:

Quick Reply