The Student Room Group

When are you starting A level revision?

Title says it all, but if you have started, how much are you doing each day?

Scroll to see replies

started a few weeks ago covering as topics and consolidating new a2 topics, doing about two hours a day on average
How are you revising, what subjects do you take? How do you prioritize?
starting after mocks, so... 12th January, I do Bio, Chem and Psychology, have been revising a lot so far but i think the 12th is when i pick up the pace
Reply 4
Original post by fxlloutboyy
started a few weeks ago covering as topics and consolidating new a2 topics, doing about two hours a day on average

How are you finding balancing As and A2 revsion? Its alot
it's difficult - I haven't completed the A2 topics yet so try to quickly go over what we covered in class rather than revise so focus on as in terms of revision (reading notes, making a summary book, producing posters, practice questions etc).
Reply 6
Original post by chocochip_
starting after mocks, so... 12th January, I do Bio, Chem and Psychology, have been revising a lot so far but i think the 12th is when i pick up the pace

How well prepared are you for your mocks? Mine arent until May
Mine aren’t till May either, very prepared I feel for Psychology and Biology, behind on chemistry, have 5 days to revise for it
Reply 8
You in year 13 and your mocks are in May? Have you had any mocks before that?
Original post by honey18
How well prepared are you for your mocks? Mine arent until May
Original post by GeorgeBear
How are you revising, what subjects do you take? How do you prioritize?

I take biology psychology and business. I prioritise topics that I know I can't recall any of the information from and work on it til I can understand and recall the entire topic enough to answer possible questions
Reply 10
Original post by MKaur18
You in year 13 and your mocks are in May? Have you had any mocks before that?

So far, (year 12) i have exams in June which my predicted grades were based off. Now (year 13) in January we have "mocks" but, the official mock exams aren't until May. Then June are the real exams.
(edited 6 years ago)
That’s so soon. At least you have “mocks” now to base it off.. cos we have ours later.. :frown:

I’m quite worried that i’m not doing enough work.. I try to, but I’m put off doing chemistry now compared to last year.
Original post by honey18
So far, (year 12) I have had November exams and then exams in June which my predicted grades were based off. Now (year 13) in January we have "mocks" but, the official mock exams aren't until May. Then June are the real exams.
Reply 12
Original post by MKaur18
That’s so soon. At least you have “mocks” now to base it off.. cos we have ours later.. :frown:

I’m quite worried that i’m not doing enough work.. I try to, but I’m put off doing chemistry now compared to last year.

How far into your revision are you?
Original post by honey18
How far into your revision are you?

Revision:
We haven’t even gotten through half the spec for Chem.
Maths is meh, we have tests every so often so it’s mehh.
Bio is just so content heavy ~ i barely keep up with everything..

I haven’t done revision as in learning things, cos i’m struggling to balance going over year 12 and learning year 13 content.

I feel like i’m losing motivation.. i’m not really sure 100% why. I think it’s due to the teachers and getting lots of homework (the ones which aren’t necessarily going to help me much).

Wbu? How much have you done?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by MKaur18
Revision:
We haven’t even gotten through half the spec for Chem.
Maths is meh, we have tests every so often so it’s mehh.
Bio is just so content heavy ~ i barely keep up with everything..

I haven’t done revision as in learning things, cos i’m struggling to balance going over year 12 and learning year 13 content.

I feel like i’m losing motivation.. i’m not really sure 100% why. I think it’s due to the teachers and getting lots of homework (the ones which aren’t necessarily going to help me much).

Wbu? How much have you done?

I completely understand the lack motivation thing. I just go on youtube and watch those motivation videos. I figured if i start now I will be more motivated than people that have been revising all over from october or all over christmas, as i have rested.

I study Psychology, Spanish and Politics. I have made all of my flashcards for Psychology (over the summer) and we have finished the course. So I have just been casually reading over flash cards every so often since September. Now, im making the effort to actually memorise the content.

Spanish, is my strongest. I have been revising vocabulary consistently since the start of year 12. However the exam board has no text book for the Spanish A level... so im lost.

My politics I have done nothing for but in class each week we do timed 30 marker essays. Omg.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by honey18
I completely understand the lack motivation thing. I just go on youtube and watch those motivation videos. I figured if i start now I will be more motivated than people that have been revising all over from october or all over christmas, as i have rested.

I study Psychology, Spanish and Politics. I have made all of my flashcards for Psychology (over the summer) and we have finished the course. So I have just been casually reading over flash cards every so often since September. Now, im making the effort to actually memorise the content.

Spanish, is my strongest. I have been revising vocabulary consistently since the start of year 12. However the exam board has no text book for the Spanish A level... so im lost.

My politics I have done nothing for but in class each week we do timed 30 marker essays. Omg.

Im also doing italian Gcse, havent done any revision for that because its so similar to french and spanish

How can you finish Psychology by before xmas!?! That’s insane! Your school must have been really fast paced then?!

Spanish ~ it’s good that you keep up with it etc.

Politics ~ i’m not a fan of essays. 😖😖

After December being a month lack of work. I’m worried. I have looked up motivational videos. I have just lost motivation, coming up to the end of the sixth form journey. :s-smilie:
Reply 16
Original post by MKaur18
How can you finish Psychology by before xmas!?! That’s insane! Your school must have been really fast paced then?!

Spanish ~ it’s good that you keep up with it etc.

Politics ~ i’m not a fan of essays. 😖😖

After December being a month lack of work. I’m worried. I have looked up motivational videos. I have just lost motivation, coming up to the end of the sixth form journey. :s-smilie:

I dont know lol. We finished AS quite fast. Im doing ocr, we started a2 in year 12 which made this year a bit easier.

Do you want to go to university? You could use that as your motivation. Also, think about August. I just dont want to regret not putting the effort in and feel how i felt on my gcse results day lolol
I'll start tomorrow
Since I have mocks next week I started some gradual revision before Christmas and am kicking up the pace this week. After mocks, I'll probably take a bit of a break and gradually start revision again; March seems like the absolute latest time to start revision, even just answering quick questions on a revision app would suffice at that point. (Luckily, I've finished Geography so only have revision to do for that, whereas Psychology will be finished spring-ish, and the exam unit for my ICT BTEC we still haven't completed the first unit for!). Always prioritise the weakest topics first is my most basic advice.
Original post by ABK99
I'll start tomorrow

Thats what i tell myself every day.

Quick Reply

Latest