The Student Room Group

Need GCSE Grades, HELP!!!!

OK GCSEs are in like 5 months, things done: blank, things to do: everything.
So my predicted grades are all L8/9 except English lit, English lang and Spanish they're L7s; I'm predicted 4 L9s and 3 L8s but I'm struggling to concentrate and revise.
Is there anyone else who has similar results/ better who can give me advise on how to concentrate and get these grades or achieve higher? And to everyone in my shoes, I'm willing to donate boxes of tissues for the tears. T-T
Drop me a message and I'll give you a hand in planning out your time
Reply 2
What sort of results are you getting in assessments & mocks?
Reply 3
Original post by Sam.T.
What sort of results are you getting in assessments & mocks?

L7 in bio, english
L7+ in chem
L7- computing
L6- history
L8 in maths
L9+ in physics
L9- in Religious studies
L5- in spanish

predicted:
L6/7 in spanish
L7+ in english
L8 in bio, chem, computing
L9 in maths, history, physics and religious studies
Reply 4
Original post by SpringDay
L7 in bio, english
L7+ in chem
L7- computing
L6- history
L8 in maths
L9+ in physics
L9- in Religious studies
L5- in spanish

predicted:
L6/7 in spanish
L7+ in english
L8 in bio, chem, computing
L9 in maths, history, physics and religious studies

I’m in a similar position in terms of target grades & results. For me you have to find a way to make revision enjoyable, whether it’s watching videos, listening to music ETC.

Also revise the stuff, you find difficult/challenging as repeating things you know, will just be more boring & make you even more tired.
Reply 5
Original post by Sam.T.
I’m in a similar position in terms of target grades & results. For me you have to find a way to make revision enjoyable, whether it’s watching videos, listening to music ETC.

Also revise the stuff, you find difficult/challenging as repeating things you know, will just be more boring & make you even more tired.

Yeah I listen to music when revising but I'm struggling with topics such as Spanish and I have 4h long mock tomorrow, I've revised grammar and some vocab but I still have no clue what I've learnt. TT
Reply 6
Yeah I listen to music when revising but I'm struggling with topics such as Spanish and I have 4h long mock tomorrow, I've revised grammar and some vocab but I still have no clue what I've learnt. TT

I take French and tbh, that’s the only subject I don’t like & really struggle at (predicted Level 5). For this subject I haven’t got any advice as I also find it difficult.

Sorry

But Good Luck for your mock
Reply 7
Original post by Sam.T.
I take French and tbh, that’s the only subject I don’t like & really struggle at (predicted Level 5). For this subject I haven’t got any advice as I also find it difficult.

Sorry

But Good Luck for your mock

Thanxs, and I share your pain! Spanish...shivers...
Reply 8
Thanxs, and I share your pain! Spanish...shivers...

I never look forward to a French Lesson. But also if you want help for motivation & keeping track of your revision, Grow Your Grades is very useful.

You can check mine down below (It would be very much appreciated if you followed my GyG + I’ll give out rep)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5119542
I'm doing my GCSEs this year aswell and firstly can I just say how unfair the new grading system is. Like u could do rlly well but if everyone else does better u end up with a rlly low grade!! Anyway, personally I definelty recommend a revision timetable and when u go to revise don't give urself a set time that u need to revise for, give urself a task to complete instead, like learning 5 quotes off by heart or making a revision poster or soemthing. That way u can be more productive. It works for me at least. Another thing is if ur doing a language, put French (or whatever ur doing) subtitles on what ur watching on Netflix and then you can watch half relax and half revise at the same time lol- it works !!

Quick Reply

Latest