Music gcse

Y DID I TAKE THIS AS A GCSE ! Am I alright ? Bruh
I don't know theory
- didn't do grades
-I play guitar
-bye send help
Reply 1
I don't even want to do anything musical in ye future anyways ,
Music Gcse is brilliant.The theory is hard but the rest very enjoyable!
Reply 3
Original post by casi12345
Music Gcse is brilliant.The theory is hard but the rest very enjoyable!

Do u think a person who has just started theory with 4 other ppl who are doing grade 5 and above will survive the next two years ? 😌😬😰
Original post by Noshra
Do u think a person who has just started theory with 4 other ppl who are doing grade 5 and above will survive the next two years ? 😌😬😰

I had done zero theory in music and was on a grade 4 when I did my music Gcse and came out with an A*
Reply 5
I had done zero theory in music and was on a grade 4 when I did my music Gcse and came out with an A*

Thanks 🤧. How long did it take u to reach grade four and with what instrument? Also what kind of things did u cover when reaching grade four ? 😜
Original post by Noshra
Thanks 🤧. How long did it take u to reach grade four and with what instrument? Also what kind of things did u cover when reaching grade four ? 😜

It took me a longer time than most to get to grade 4, probably 5 years!I play the piano.When you say what kind of things did you cover do you mean in the exam? if so I did sight reading, aurals and performed 3 pieces
Reply 7
It took me a longer time than most to get to grade 4, probably 5 years!I play the piano.When you say what kind of things did you cover do you mean in the exam? if so I did sight reading, aurals and performed 3 pieces

🙏🏽 thank u . U see I haven't rlly um covered these rlly but play pieces which my guitar teacher says is around grade 4/5. (Using tab) Right now in class we're covering the basics like note value and things, which everyone else knows , n there's me . Do u think I should leave if I can and go back to my original choices ?
Original post by Noshra
🙏🏽 thank u . U see I haven't rlly um covered these rlly but play pieces which my guitar teacher says is around grade 4/5. (Using tab) Right now in class we're covering the basics like note value and things, which everyone else knows , n there's me . Do u think I should leave if I can and go back to my original choices ?

No problem, to be completely honest I haven't actually done grades above three I'm just doing higher grade pieces that's all.Don't worry about not knowing stuff like note values and things, it's not really essential to know them, as most exam questions are based on evaluating what you can hear, which isn't as hard as it sounds, I would recommend looking at past paper mark schemes, they tend to repeat answers a lot, like 'diatonic harmonies' which is in literally in almost every song you'll ever come across.Don't leave if if you think it's too difficult, if you don't challenge yourself you never become aware of your full potensial, but if your not particularly enjoying it then that's when I would recommend dropping the subject.Whatever you choose, Good Luck, I hope you acheive what you wish to.

Hi :hi:
Kind of in the same boat as you were, any advice on how to get those top grades?
Reply 10
No problem, to be completely onest I haven't actually done grades above three I'm just doing higher grade pieces that's all.Don't worry about not knowing stuff like note values and things, it's not really essential to know them, as most exam questions are based on evaluating what you can hear, which isn't as hard as it sounds, I would recommend looking at past paper mark schemes, they tend to repeat answers a lot, like 'diatonic harmonies' which is in literally in almost every song you'll ever come across.Don't leave if if you think it's too difficult, if you don't challenge yourself you never become aware of your full potensial, but if your not particularly enjoying it then that's when I would recommend dropping the subject.Whatever you choose, Good Luck, I hope you acheive what you wish to.

TYSM can't explain 💆🏽, imma go chill n leave his 🎵GCP book for abit thank youuuuuu ☺️
I did music GCSE and got an A in it, don't worry. I knew no theory and couldn't even read music until year 11. I play the electric guitar and at that time I was around the Grade 4 level. The coursework means that no matter how bad you do in the exam you can't do too bad overall, it really saved me, I got a D in the exam.
Original post by laurawatt
Hi :hi:
Kind of in the same boat as you were, any advice on how to get those top grades?

I would say practice is key, I know that's the most boring thing you don't really want to hear but it's true.I personally studied for the music exam by listening to music on youtube of different genres, analysing them and then I would ask my teacher to mark my answers.You could also buy the music exam theory books to practice and ask a teacher to mark them.I would say that the most important parts of the course though would be performing and composing, I got an A in my music exam but because i got full marks in performing it was brought to an A*.
Reply 13
Original post by crazywithluck
I did music GCSE and got an A in it, don't worry. I knew no theory and couldn't even read music until year 11. I play the electric guitar and at that time I was around the Grade 4 level. The coursework means that no matter how bad you do in the exam you can't do too bad overall, it really saved me, I got a D in the exam.

Thank you x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending