The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Central Saint Martins Foundation Course 2018

Hello,

I have made this to have a space where we can get together and discuss our application process, hopes and kill our doubts!

good vibes only.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anna_234
Hello,

I have made this to have a space where we can get together and discuss our application process, hopes and kill our doubts!

good vibes only.

Hey! Have you applied already?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi, I'm applying for the Foundation with Fashion & Textiles pathway. I'm currently doing an Access to HE course in Art & Design.
Reply 3
Hi! Do you happen to know the number of students that get in the diagnostic foundation course? Thank you and good luck to all !!
Original post by zoey12
Hi! Do you happen to know the number of students that get in the diagnostic foundation course? Thank you and good luck to all !!

2500 people apply and around 500 get in over all
--
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by mapachette
Hey! I'm from outside the UK and I want to apply for this uni but I'm really lost... Can anyone help me? :s-smilie:

we had some powerpoints sent out to us about the application process after the open day, if you send me your email i'm happy to send them to you. I'm from the UK and so stressed please don't worry we're all in the same boat :smile:
How is everyone setting out there online portfolio?
Original post by pixxieholly
How is everyone setting out there online portfolio?

I've chosen what I want to put in it, but I haven't started assembling it yet
Original post by pixxieholly
we had some powerpoints sent out to us about the application process after the open day, if you send me your email i'm happy to send them to you. I'm from the UK and so stressed please don't worry we're all in the same boat :smile:

Thank you so much!! ;-;
Original post by caitsudd
Hi, I'm applying for the Foundation with Fashion & Textiles pathway. I'm currently doing an Access to HE course in Art & Design.

Hey, I'm also applying for the same pathway. Just wanted to say good luck !!:smile:
Reply 11
Anyone applying for the Graphic communication design pathway ? :biggrin:
Original post by edenlny
Anyone applying for the Graphic communication design pathway ? :biggrin:

I am! Have you applied yet?
Reply 13
Original post by hannakiss
I am! Have you applied yet?

Not yet, I'll be applying just before the deadline to give myself more time for the portfolio ! Have you ?
Original post by edenlny
Not yet, I'll be applying just before the deadline to give myself more time for the portfolio ! Have you ?

Oh I understand. But you do know that after receiving an email with portfolio instructions you'll have another week to submit the sheets right? So we have quite some time left fortunately! I'm almost done with all my sheets and I applied just tonight. I included photography, paintings, drawings, a garment, collages and sketchbook/research pages, hope it's enough. What did you put in?
Original post by zoey12

very few it is like a cattle market , they call up over 2000 applicants and accept a small fraction. Best to have also a back up 2nd choice as the majority get rejected.
Reply 16
I could really use some good help and advise with this!!!!
I applied to LCF and CSM for their fashion program within a BA. Womenswear in December of 2017 with all my info and submitted a portfolio about 2weeks or less after. The deadline was on January 15 for the courses, and the crazy thing about it, is that I got an Interview with LCF on the 15th of January. Is that a good sign? I haven’t heard anything from CSM as yet, but the interview with LCF was called a diagnostics interview and went on to discus me taking the foundations course for a year and then moving onto the BA course. Overall the interview went great and they started talking about acceptance and where I would be able to find my letter. I’m in a panic, because I haven’t seen anything through UCAS or my student portal with a letter of acceptance, so I’m trying to figure out if that was an offer or just them saying if I do get an offer, that is where I would find it. PLEASE HELP with any info
ring and ask - usually if an offer is given it shows and you get an email. According to Which Uni LCF has a 30% acceptance rate and CSM 19%.
Reply 18
Original post by hannakiss
Oh I understand. But you do know that after receiving an email with portfolio instructions you'll have another week to submit the sheets right? So we have quite some time left fortunately! I'm almost done with all my sheets and I applied just tonight. I included photography, paintings, drawings, a garment, collages and sketchbook/research pages, hope it's enough. What did you put in?

I have photography and styling work, written work, collages, and some branding work. I'm from France and didn't do anything artsy for the equivalent of A Levels here so I did everything on my own, not sure it's gonna be good enough but I thought there's no harm in trying :wink: I'm also really interested in fashion communication so my portfolio is definitely more fashion oriented !
Reply 19
Original post by TCP242
I could really use some good help and advise with this!!!!
I applied to LCF and CSM for their fashion program within a BA. Womenswear in December of 2017 with all my info and submitted a portfolio about 2weeks or less after. The deadline was on January 15 for the courses, and the crazy thing about it, is that I got an Interview with LCF on the 15th of January. Is that a good sign? I haven’t heard anything from CSM as yet, but the interview with LCF was called a diagnostics interview and went on to discus me taking the foundations course for a year and then moving onto the BA course. Overall the interview went great and they started talking about acceptance and where I would be able to find my letter. I’m in a panic, because I haven’t seen anything through UCAS or my student portal with a letter of acceptance, so I’m trying to figure out if that was an offer or just them saying if I do get an offer, that is where I would find it. PLEASE HELP with any info

Well they have time until the 3 May til the offers for BA, so I wouldn't stress about it yet. I havent heard from back any of my BA applications (not even an Interview) from Central Saint Martins and Univeristy of Westminster, so I think they will wait until they see everyones work and they decide. When you will get an offer I think it will come through your emails too, at least for my friend did.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending