The Student Room Group

hELP ITS URGENT!!

for mendel's genetic investigations why did he realised that 'green coloured peas are dominant' to quote my textbook but in reality the green colour is recessive? im confused ;/
Hi! yep, the green peas are recessive, the yellow ones are dominant. Seems to be a typo in your textbook.
Reply 2
Original post by Kallisto
Hi! yep, the green peas are recessive, the yellow ones are dominant. Seems to be a typo in your textbook.

okay thank you so much are you sure it wasn't that mendel that got it wrong? as in he did the experiment wrong, thinking green peas are dominant?
Original post by razzy02
okay thank you so much are you sure it wasn't that mendel that got it wrong? as in he did the experiment wrong, thinking green peas are dominant?

I have learnt that green is recessive. All the internet researches show me the same. Here is one of them. As you can see the relation is 3:1 from yellow's view. Green just came into being by two recessive allels, depicted by two small letters (yy). You can see so easily that the color yellow is the dominant one.

If you have still your doubts, do it by yourself and breed some peas with yellow and green.
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending