The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 21
What will buying an injured player who is free in the summer actually do for us? Are we just buying him now to keep conte happy or do we just want him to have an 8 month pre season?
Going back to Barkley - how many homegrown players do you have? The limit is 17 + 4 nation grown and 4 home grown so is it a case of getting Barkley for one of those 4 nation grown spots? Better Barkley than no player surely?
Reply 23
Yeh I'm done with this ****.

Also he rejected us in the summer in the last minute? Wasted our time when we could have got someone else. And now he wants to sign for us again? When did we become such a cuck club ffs
Decent business for £15mill to be fair
Original post by ineedtorevise127
Can Coutinho play against Chelsea in the UCL if he signs for Barca this month?

No hes already played for Liverpool in the UCL this season
Barkley and Willian, so much potential and so little end product. Hazard isn’t a scorer, Morata has no feet. A lot of pressure on Marcos Alonso.
Reply 28
Surprised if Conte is here next season.

He's walked for less.
Original post by That Bearded Man
Decent business for £15mill to be fair

only because he's out of contract in the summer. In fact why not just wait until summer to get him on a free? He clearly doesn't want to play for Everton so just get him on a pre agreement now and wait till the summer.
Original post by ineedtorevise127
I still don't get why Michy is never given a run of games. I Am sure if he played 3 or 4 games in a row he would do well.

Chelsea could also play 3-5-2 style where Cesc and Kante DM and Hazard CAM with Michi and Morata up top

Fabregas doesn't work in a 2.
Aids club.

Conte deserves to walk from this ****.
Reply 32
Original post by Hazard28
Last spot taken just in time

edit: noo too late :frown:

Take the last spot
Reply 33
Original post by bammy jastard 27
What will buying an injured player who is free in the summer actually do for us? Are we just buying him now to keep conte happy or do we just want him to have an 8 month pre season?

Pretty sure he’s almost fully recovered from injury.

I’m not sure why people are complaining. Of course he isn’t a Lampard or a Terry in terms of quality but how many England players are right now. It’s some depth, and he’s not a fantastic player but £15 million is very good in this market.
Original post by S.G.
Take the last spot

Sweet thanks. What's with the change in username
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 35
Sweet thanks. What's with the change in username

The old one was far too long.
only because he's out of contract in the summer. In fact why not just wait until summer to get him on a free? He clearly doesn't want to play for Everton so just get him on a pre agreement now and wait till the summer.

Maybe he would look at chelseas set up and see how he doesn't fit in compared with spurs. Maybe he changes his mind and plays for Everton because of the wc. Maybe one of the Manchester clubs gets interested.

15mill is nothing in tbis market. He'll be hungry to play because of the world cup and a "promising" English quota player fills up your squad for nothing.

Not sure where he'll play, there must be some issues since he hasn't been playing and he'll probably be underwhelming at the start, but cant be bad for 15mill.

Not sure where he would play - but I wouldn't complain (unless this makes a hazard transfer more likely, I'm guessing willian would probably leave now)
Original post by That Bearded Man
Maybe he would look at chelseas set up and see how he doesn't fit in compared with spurs. Maybe he changes his mind and plays for Everton because of the wc. Maybe one of the Manchester clubs gets interested.

15mill is nothing in tbis market. He'll be hungry to play because of the world cup and a "promising" English quota player fills up your squad for nothing.

Not sure where he'll play, there must be some issues since he hasn't been playing and he'll probably be underwhelming at the start, but cant be bad for 15mill.

Not sure where he would play - but I wouldn't complain (unless this makes a hazard transfer more likely, I'm guessing willian would probably leave now)

Yeh for £15m he's worth a punt tbf. At 24 years old he has decent resale value.

I think he'd rotate with Fabregas. Yeh I think one of Willian or Pedro will leave now. Also RIP loftus cheek, another one bites the dust :frown:
Would rather have us recall Loftus-Cheek than buy Barkley tbh, underwhelming signing, a few years ago I thought he was gonna be the real deal.
Not going to complain for £15 million.

Would rather have Barkley for that price than Vidal for £35-40 million. Not saying Barkley's a better player, but Vidal would not really be a marquee signing, he's over 30 and has a trash attitude off the pitch.

Barkley clearly fell out with Koeman, who has a **** judgement on players anyway.

Latest