The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Queens' University Belfast Nursing 2018

If you're here because your deadline is today (3rd May 2018) but you haven't received a decision yet, please read this helpful post by PQ. >>>

Hi,

I'm applying to Queens' this year for adult nursing. I'm just wondering if anyone else has applied and/or received an interview offer?

Where else have you applied to?:smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ellenc99
Hi,

I'm applying to Queens' this year for adult nursing. I'm just wondering if anyone else has applied and/or received an interview offer?

Where else have you applied to?:smile::smile:

queens dont give offers to january at least! i got one from southampton for the 12th jan.
ive also applied to LJMU , Bristol
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 2
Original post by billyjayxox
queens dont give offers to january at least! i got one from southampton for the 12th jan.
ive also applied to LJMU , Bristol

I thought that but I wasn't sure, thank you! I've applied to Glasgow Caledonian, Dundee, Ulster & Edge Hill as well. Congrats on your interview:smile:
I’m applying 2018 for learning disability nursing , I was wondering about the bursary , is it still available?
Original post by Grainnekeenan1
I’m applying 2018 for learning disability nursing , I was wondering about the bursary , is it still available?

i heard from someone that northern Ireland still has the bursary although im not sure i tried googling it but cant find many answers to NI.
The current students have it but there’s rumours that it’s going . I’m going to phone the bursary office myself , I’m a mature student and couldn’t do it without it
My confirmation email said interviewa are being held from feb through to april. So a long wait to go for waiting as queens always have a high amount of applications

Have you been a ni resident for 3 years
Yeah I’m from Northern Ireland and haven’t lived anywhere else
Yeah I’m from Northern Ireland and haven’t lived anywhere else

Bursaries are still available so you will be eligible for one they have only made them available to northern ireland residents who have lived for 3 years prior to taking course.. what branch have you applied for
Learning disability nursing , but I’m worried about money as I’m a mature student with a mortgage
Have you any children you do get additional allowances for anyone you are responsible for, i know the bursary is not a great deal a month its roughly 430 per month
the bursary is available to all ROI and Northern ireland applicants only!!! the only unis that the bursary is available at is ulster and queens belfast. it is not available in england anywhere.
Original post by Kirsty020889
I’ve applied for Queens and Magee, I keep checking my emails every day hoping there’s an interview date! I’m so impatient lol

id stop checking my emails if i was you. ulster and queens both dont give out interviews until about the 20th january!!

did everyone in this forum do a level 3 diplomA course???? i did alevels but i was thinking about going to tech in derry to do health sciences for 2 years as i dont feel 100% on nursing. podiatry is playing on my mind a bit. although i cant apply for it as i didnt do a level biology. i have already withdrawn from all my interviews in england as i dont want to spend 9000 on a degree that i dont even know if its what i want to do. so im just waiting on queens now. im really confused guys! hahah and there is people out there that really want to do it and i really dont want to knock someones chances of getting an interview etc.

i let you guys know if i get an interview or not
I am doing a 2 year level 3 diploma at the minute. If your not 100% on nursing i would really think about your options as you dont want to use 3 years on something you dont have your heart sent on, i know queens sent out letters for interviews not always emails.

QUOTE=billyjayxox;75465316]id stop checking my emails if i was you. ulster and queens both dont give out interviews until about the 20th january!!

did everyone in this forum do a level 3 diplomA course???? i did alevels but i was thinking about going to tech in derry to do health sciences for 2 years as i dont feel 100% on nursing. podiatry is playing on my mind a bit. although i cant apply for it as i didnt do a level biology. i have already withdrawn from all my interviews in england as i dont want to spend 9000 on a degree that i dont even know if its what i want to do. so im just waiting on queens now. im really confused guys! hahah and there is people out there that really want to do it and i really dont want to knock someones chances of getting an interview etc.

i let you guys know if i get an interview or not
any interviews yet guys. they should be starting to give them out now soon. good luck everyone!!
No word yet deadline date only closed be a few weeks yet before hear anything. Queens posted on friday saying they will begin reading personal statements few days after monday evening. So nerve wrecking
They posted on their fb page last friday they will begin reading few days after 15th. Probably be the middle feb for queens to for interviews
Original post by natashalou11
They posted on their fb page last friday they will begin reading few days after 15th. Probably be the middle feb for queens to for interviews

did they delete the post i cant find it anywhere. also does anyone know that if you get an interview how long are you told in advance?
No the post was posted on queens nursing and midwifery page last Friday. I am not sure how long notice they give but by judging previous posts on the page seems to be a week or so notice I could be wrong so don't quote me on it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending