The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

University of Strathclyde Pharmacy Applicants 2018

hey, i havent seen a pharmacy one yet so it is just to add one. has anyone received any offers yet?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachyyyy
hey, i havent seen a pharmacy one yet so it is just to add one. has anyone received any offers yet?

Feel free to ask me any questions as I have just started studying pharmacy at Strathclyde
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde
Reply 2
Original post by callme123
Feel free to ask me any questions as I have just started studying pharmacy at Strathclyde

thank you 😊 i have a few questions actually haha. do you remember if the university gets back to you on a 'first come, first served' basis or do they wait until February? i havent had any confirmation email from the university for pharmacy and i sent it away about a month ago 😟 also, do you learn much about diseases or is it just how the drugs activate in your body?
(edited 6 years ago)
thank you 😊 i have a few questions actually haha. do you remember if the university gets back to you on a 'first come, first served' basis or do they wait until February? i havent had any confirmation email from the university for pharmacy and i sent it away about a month ago 😟 also, do you learn much about diseases or is it just how the drugs activate in your body?

I'll message you
Out of interest and coming from a Year 13 student, I still need to apply for my course and I'm so stuck between Biochemistry and Pharmacy! I would defintely love to become a physician associate or hospital pharmacist as I enjoy the idea of working with patients But which is a slightly better option? Is biochem easier or more enjoyable to learn or pharmacy? I heard that the pharmacy career prospectus is not looking good :frown:And I thought you need a 2:2 or above in a bachelors degree, so can I decide not to do the masters in pharmacy if I decide to become a physician associate?
Thanks!
Reply 5
Does chemistry with drugs discovery count as a bioscience degree?
Reply 6
I would also be interested to know when Strathclyde normally get back to applicants 😊
Reply 7
Original post by ktd0
I would also be interested to know when Strathclyde normally get back to applicants 😊

if it helps i didn't get any email saying when i should hear back from Strathclyde for pharmacy. however, i did get an email from chemistry w.d.d. and they said they like to wait until February and evaluate all personal statements at the same time. I know a few departments run by this strategy so I reckon pharmacy is the same as it seems to be an over subscribed option.
Reply 8
if it helps i didn't get any email saying when i should hear back from Strathclyde for pharmacy. however, i did get an email from chemistry w.d.d. and they said they like to wait until February and evaluate all personal statements at the same time. I know a few departments run by this strategy so I reckon pharmacy is the same as it seems to be an over subscribed option.

That’s great, thank you!
Received a conditional form RGU but still waiting to hear back from Strathclyde although they did send me an email saying that most offers wouldn't be made until Feb
Got a conditional back mid December
Reply 11
Original post by AnimusInRobore
Got a conditional back mid December

for Strathclyde?
for Strathclyde?

Aye. Robert Gordon sent an unconditional a while back but I got the reply from Strathclyde on the 19th. I need a B and a C in any order in Advanced Maths and Chemistry and a B in my Higher Human Biology. I'm predicted A's so fingers crossed... :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by AnimusInRobore
Aye. Robert Gordon sent an unconditional a while back but I got the reply from Strathclyde on the 19th. I need a B and a C in any order in Advanced Maths and Chemistry and a B in my Higher Human Biology. I'm predicted A's so fingers crossed... :smile:

Congrats!! and good luck!! :smile:
Congrats!! and good luck!! :smile:

Thanks and you too!

Hey, I have the same Q's as you, could someone please answer her questions publicly.

Pharmacy was my 5th back-up choice and I sent my application mid-October, does the uni run on a 'first come, first served' method?
Also is this Pharmacy course very chemistry based or is it quite generalised e.g. drug reactions and functions of bodily systems?

Original post by cozzie_toes
Hey, I have the same Q's as you, could someone please answer her questions publicly.

Pharmacy was my 5th back-up choice and I sent my application mid-October, does the uni run on a 'first come, first served' method?
Also is this Pharmacy course very chemistry based or is it quite generalised e.g. drug reactions and functions of bodily systems?

I got a reply in December so I'm not sure. About the second one: https://www.strath.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/pharmacy/
If you look under course content then it'll hopefully tell you what you want to know. :biggrin:
Hi, I have just received a conditional offer for strathclyde pharmacy for second year entry. My conditions are BB, in biology and chemistry.
I’ve heard people have been getting offers back today. If I haven’t does that mean I’ve been rejected??
Reply 19
Original post by abby_2000
I’ve heard people have been getting offers back today. If I haven’t does that mean I’ve been rejected??

I haven't either, dont worry. I've only heard of one offer in my whole local area getting an offer for pharmacy at Strathclyde (there may be more that i dont know about, but all my friends who have appled haven't heard anything either!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending