What to do after college

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I don't want to go to university or do a apprenticeship. I don't mind going into a job but they are all crap
cat_mac
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
What subject/s do you have education in? People don’t get jobs to have fun all day... get a job and make money, or get more education to potentially make more money in the future.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by cat_mac)
What subject/s do you have education in? People don’t get jobs to have fun all day... get a job and make money, or get more education to potentially make more money in the future.
English literature, English language and history
cat_mac
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
English literature, English language and history
Okay if you wanted to do something with them then you’d have to go to uni probably, idk what jobs you can get from english apart from journalist/ writer/ teacher. History probably a similar situation of needing further education...

With no further education you’re probably looking at retail jobs, service jobs (restaurants, cafes) stuff like that.Have you thought about doing a gap year? If you google it there are loads of things to work abroad and travel. Something fun to do while you figure out what you want to do long term.
Anonymous #1
Okay if you wanted to do something with them then you’d have to go to uni probably, idk what jobs you can get from english apart from journalist/ writer/ teacher. History probably a similar situation of needing further education...

With no further education you’re probably looking at retail jobs, service jobs (restaurants, cafes) stuff like that.Have you thought about doing a gap year? If you google it there are loads of things to work abroad and travel. Something fun to do while you figure out what you want to do long term.
I don't like any of those subjects so I don't want to pursue them further. I feel that a gap year is a waste of time
cat_mac
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I don't like any of those subjects so I don't want to pursue them further. I feel that a gap year is a waste of time
It’s only a waste if you have something else you’d rather be doing. What do you enjoy? Any hobbies or interests?
Anonymous #1
It’s only a waste if you have something else you’d rather be doing. What do you enjoy? Any hobbies or interests?
Only like football and watching YouTube
cat_mac
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Only like football and watching YouTube
You could do something in football? Otherwise, just start applying for jobs I guess. You can always go back to education if you want to, but nothing will come from just sitting on your ass all day.
Anonymous #1
You could do something in football? Otherwise, just start applying for jobs I guess. You can always go back to education if you want to, but nothing will come from just sitting on your ass all day.
Don't mind getting a job just want high pay but don't mind low pay at first as long as I can progress to high pay
cat_mac
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
With your education level you’d definitely have to work your way up. I did an apprenticeship and loved not being stuck in a classroom all day and having a real job. Nothing in life will just be handed to you, start from the bottom and work your way up!

If you want to make big money you’d have to have a career and more education, specific goals etc
Anonymous #1
With your education level you’d definitely have to work your way up. I did an apprenticeship and loved not being stuck in a classroom all day and having a real job. Nothing in life will just be handed to you, start from the bottom and work your way up!

If you want to make big money you’d have to have a career and more education, specific goals etc
Just don't know what to study for the money.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (71)
16.44%
The paper was reasonable (212)
49.07%
Not feeling great about that exam... (103)
23.84%
It was TERRIBLE (46)
10.65%

Watched Threads