The Student Room Group

What to do after college

I don't want to go to university or do a apprenticeship. I don't mind going into a job but they are all crap
Reply 1
What subject/s do you have education in? People don’t get jobs to have fun all day... get a job and make money, or get more education to potentially make more money in the future.
Reply 2
Original post by cat_mac
What subject/s do you have education in? People don’t get jobs to have fun all day... get a job and make money, or get more education to potentially make more money in the future.

English literature, English language and history
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
English literature, English language and history

Okay if you wanted to do something with them then you’d have to go to uni probably, idk what jobs you can get from english apart from journalist/ writer/ teacher. History probably a similar situation of needing further education...

With no further education you’re probably looking at retail jobs, service jobs (restaurants, cafes) stuff like that.Have you thought about doing a gap year? If you google it there are loads of things to work abroad and travel. Something fun to do while you figure out what you want to do long term.
Reply 4
Original post by cat_mac
Okay if you wanted to do something with them then you’d have to go to uni probably, idk what jobs you can get from english apart from journalist/ writer/ teacher. History probably a similar situation of needing further education...

With no further education you’re probably looking at retail jobs, service jobs (restaurants, cafes) stuff like that.Have you thought about doing a gap year? If you google it there are loads of things to work abroad and travel. Something fun to do while you figure out what you want to do long term.

I don't like any of those subjects so I don't want to pursue them further. I feel that a gap year is a waste of time
Reply 5
I don't like any of those subjects so I don't want to pursue them further. I feel that a gap year is a waste of time

It’s only a waste if you have something else you’d rather be doing. What do you enjoy? Any hobbies or interests?
Reply 6
Original post by cat_mac
It’s only a waste if you have something else you’d rather be doing. What do you enjoy? Any hobbies or interests?

Only like football and watching YouTube
Reply 7
Only like football and watching YouTube

You could do something in football? Otherwise, just start applying for jobs I guess. You can always go back to education if you want to, but nothing will come from just sitting on your ass all day.
Reply 8
Original post by cat_mac
You could do something in football? Otherwise, just start applying for jobs I guess. You can always go back to education if you want to, but nothing will come from just sitting on your ass all day.

Don't mind getting a job just want high pay but don't mind low pay at first as long as I can progress to high pay
Reply 9
With your education level you’d definitely have to work your way up. I did an apprenticeship and loved not being stuck in a classroom all day and having a real job. Nothing in life will just be handed to you, start from the bottom and work your way up!

If you want to make big money you’d have to have a career and more education, specific goals etc
Original post by cat_mac
With your education level you’d definitely have to work your way up. I did an apprenticeship and loved not being stuck in a classroom all day and having a real job. Nothing in life will just be handed to you, start from the bottom and work your way up!

If you want to make big money you’d have to have a career and more education, specific goals etc

Just don't know what to study for the money.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending