The Student Room Group

AQA English Lit A A2 paper 1 past papers?

Hi!

Trying to revise for this exam, but there's only one past paper (the specimen) on the website. Just wondering if anyone has any example questions, or past papers, that they've made or their school has made?

The texts I'm doing are Othello, and then Atonement & pre-1900 love through the ages poems.

Thanks X
Original post by lowza
Hi!

Trying to revise for this exam, but there's only one past paper (the specimen) on the website. Just wondering if anyone has any example questions, or past papers, that they've made or their school has made?

The texts I'm doing are Othello, and then Atonement & pre-1900 love through the ages poems.

Thanks X

I would go for 2 sources.

1. Talk to your teacher or look at the new spec and see what the changes are, then use old papers. It is still the same book, just the emphasis will have slightly changed.

2. The other way is to use revision books, which for a new spec often have new sample questions and answers in the new format i.e 9-1.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
I would go for 2 sources.

1. Talk to your teacher or look at the new spec and see what the changes are, then use old papers. It is still the same book, just the emphasis will have slightly changed.

2. The other way is to use revision books, which for a new spec often have new sample questions and answers in the new format i.e 9-1.

Hiya, thanks for the advice!

I hadn't thought of looking at the old spec, but I'll give that a go. Unfortunately, there aren't any revision guides for the exam (not using the 9-1 format as I'm doing A-Level not GCSE.)

Asking on here because my teacher hasn't given us any practice questions, so just wondering if anyone else's has. Mock exam in 4 days! I might have to try and write some myself:/
Original post by lowza
Hiya, thanks for the advice!

I hadn't thought of looking at the old spec, but I'll give that a go. Unfortunately, there aren't any revision guides for the exam (not using the 9-1 format as I'm doing A-Level not GCSE.)

Asking on here because my teacher hasn't given us any practice questions, so just wondering if anyone else's has. Mock exam in 4 days! I might have to try and write some myself:/

There are a zillion questions on Othello. I dont think it matters too much or which exam board its from. It helps if you know the mark scheme and the bits you need to emphasise, but it could be any book.

The utility is in knowing the questions and different ways of asking about a very limited book. Theme or character. Othello is one of those plays thats examined at GCSE and GCE. One of the most popular.
Reply 4
Original post by lowza
Hi!

Thanks X

i do othello too! but i do post-1900 poetry
good luck with everything!!
Reply 5
Original post by fabs123
i do othello too! but i do post-1900 poetry
good luck with everything!!

And you! (hmu if you have any practice Othello questions lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending