The Student Room Group

GCSE FRENCH: Holidaying with family or friends? Opinions in french?

Hi all,

I was looking at the GCSE AQA Specimen speaking tests (the photo card) and one of the questions asked if you prefer going to holiday with family or friends, and why?

What could you say, (in French obviously!), to answer that question effectively?
Firstly, don't think too much about your genuine answer, just choose the easiest one to do. In this case it would probably be easier to say family because you could go on about how it means you get to do fun family activities and spend time together. I'm assuming you have never been on holiday with friends, being a GCSE student, and so it would be a bit difficult to write about something you've never done. Honestly with languages you've gotta just ramble and come up with a structure. As long as you seem to speak with confidence and fluency whatever you say will be effective.
Je préfère partir en vacances avec ma famille car je ne passe pas beaucoup de temps avec leur. (someone correct me pls)

my teacher suggested that we write down multiple answers for each photocard and try to memorise them. that way, you are certain you can answer correctly. good luck!
Original post by anonymous_1947
Hi all,

I was looking at the GCSE AQA Specimen speaking tests (the photo card) and one of the questions asked if you prefer going to holiday with family or friends, and why?

What could you say, (in French obviously!), to answer that question effectively?

say you prefer going on holiday with friends because you like to play football with your best friend whose name is Bob
Reply 4
Hi! An example:
"Partir avec sa famille peut être quelque chose de super, si on n'a pas trop le temps de passer du temps avec elle dans l'année, mais on ne choisit pas sa famille, et on peut ne pas s'entendre avec cette dernière. Alors que l'on choisit ses amis, mais en vacances, on peut découvrir des traits de caractère négatifs que l'on ne connaissait pas chez ses amis..."
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending