The Student Room Group

The Journey to Success.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by OrangeArcher
I find maths and further maths interesting but I'm not particularly amazing at them (as in I have to do so much work to understand a concept) and it seems like an endless battle that I'm gonna lose.

Heh its like that for everyone. Two of my friends got grade 9s at GCSEs but got significantly lower than me in the past few tests as they underestimated Further maths and didn't fully understand concepts.

Don't worry about it, just enjoy the subject and the challenges it presents.
Original post by usfbullz
Heh its like that for everyone. Two of my friends got grade 9s at GCSEs but got significantly lower than me in the past few tests as they underestimated Further maths and didn't fully understand concepts.

Don't worry about it, just enjoy the subject and the challenges it presents.

Thanks, I only got a grade 7, so not amazing, and with biology and chemistry I never seem to have much time for maths but I'm making it my mission to devote more time for maths and further maths.
Reply 42
Original post by OrangeArcher
Thanks, I only got a grade 7, so not amazing, and with biology and chemistry I never seem to have much time for maths but I'm making it my mission to devote more time for maths and further maths.

Sounds like a timetable would be good.
Sounds like a timetable would be good.

I tried that and it didn't work xD, I have been trying different ways of receiving and realised that when I do 3-4 hours of work at a time I get really productive so I think this may be the way and I like to do lists so that's helpful.
Reply 44
Week 18:
- Did FP1 revision. [Mon]
- Did Core Maths revision. [Mon]
- Did Computer Science revision. [Tue]

Thoughts throughout the week: Further was ok, Core was not ok. Comp Sci was meh. Didn't do revision for the rest of the week since mocks were over and I wanted a break.

Original post by nyxnko_
Yh my friends do Decision and they're like it's really easy but really boring. I wanted to do FP3/4 but our school doesn't offer it :frown:
:laugh: tell me how it goes :smile:

We're doing the Further Pure module. I'm looking forward to it.
Week 18:
- Did FP1 revision. [Mon]
- Did Core Maths revision. [Mon]
- Did Computer Science revision. [Tue]

Thoughts throughout the week: Further was ok, Core was not ok. Comp Sci was meh. Didn't do revision for the rest of the week since mocks were over and I wanted a break.

We're doing the Further Pure module. I'm looking forward to it.

yayyy!! how is it so far??
Reply 46
Original post by nyxnko_
yayyy!! how is it so far??

Haven't started yet. Our teacher is going to teach us how to integrate/differentiate since we haven't done it in Pure and won't do so until the end of the year. (Slow isn't it?)
Haven't started yet. Our teacher is going to teach us how to integrate/differentiate since we haven't done it in Pure and won't do so until the end of the year. (Slow isn't it?)

Ugh yes. I hate how the new spec is just so disorganised and how like you HAVE to know the Maths A-Level before you can fully understand the Further Maths A-Level :frown: Basic integration and differentiation is pretty straightforward. I did some of it last year coz we did a Further Maths GCSE and integration/differentiation was on it but not everyone did so we're skipping chapters coz not everyone can do certain chapters in FM :mad:
Reply 48
Week 19:
Nothing happened. I'm getting the last of my results on Wednesday so I'll give a breakdown of my results on Sunday.
I'm going to start training upon my logic skills by using brilliant.org more.

Also we're doing calculus for the last few weeks of half term before moving onto FP1.

Stay tuned.
Reply 49
Week 20:

Got my mocks back. How'd I do?

Spoiler

The same thing happened once again, no matter what I do, I will always be and always will perform **** compared to natural talent even though people try to jester me by saying I have natural talent when I really don't.

Stay tuned for next week, or don't. Doesn't really matter since the outcome is always going to be the bloody same.
Reply 50
Week 21:
I did a little revision this week just to prepare for a Computer Science test on Monday. I have also done some work on logarithims and expotentials. Pretty nice.

Last week of term, during the break I plan to do daily revision to re-learn everything from this half-term.

And yeah
Reply 51
Week 22:
No revision done.
Reply 52
Week 23:
- Did some coding. [Wed]
- Did FP1 revision. [Thurs]
- Did Core Maths revision. [Thurs]
- Did Mechanics/Materials revision. [Fri]
- Did Coding. [Fri]
- Did Core Maths revision. [Sat]