The Student Room Group

Question for Christian girls

Would you marry a guy that had sex with multiple girls before meeting you?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous

(Sex outside marriage)
Why not? Marriage is a long way away and I’m sure plenty of guys and girls out their have fulfilled their urges. Nothing wrong with that :smile:
Why not? Marriage is a long way away and I’m sure plenty of guys and girls out their have fulfilled their urges. Nothing wrong with that :smile:

There*
Reply 4

That’s comforting to hear. Btw are you a Christian?
That’s comforting to hear. Btw are you a Christian?

Yeah, but I’m not religious or anything

If I loved him, and he was the one for me, yes.

We shouldn’t judge on others past “mistakes”. And hey, makes the wedding night a little easier as he knows what he is doing haha.
so long as his past is firmly in the past and he will now stay faithful to one woman - his wife
Reply 8

Yes, but only if he practised celibacy/ abstinence before we got married.

I don't understand how you can be Christian but not religious? Do you mean in the "I hate religion but love Jesus" sense? Or you were born in a Christian household but you don't actively practise the Christian faith?
No i wouldn't. I would marry someone who actually keeps to the rules in Christianity so no sex before marriage

i'm pretty sure that doesnt make sense and can't apply as a response
It would be alarming but if you loved the girl and were willing to change your habits, then yeh
Original post by Faith.A
I don't understand how you can be Christian but not religious? Do you mean in the "I hate religion but love Jesus" sense? Or you were born in a Christian household but you don't actively practise the Christian faith?

I was born and brought up in a Christian household, but I myself don’t practise the religion as a devout Christian
i'm pretty sure that doesnt make sense and can't apply as a response

How so? I was born and brought up a Christian but I don’t actively practise the religion as a devout Christian. Doesn’t mean I’m not a Christian :s-smilie:
Born and raised Christian girl here.

Whereas I know we're supposed to wait until marriage few do actually wait. But, for me, I think if you are older and haven't been excessive (and I think everyone's excessive number will be different) with other girls then yes, I'd still marry you. Would think twice if I knew the guy and just been a general **** boy though.
I feel that if you are in a long term committed relationship most people will end up together sexually.
I do understand and value the no sex before marriage and think it is very, very admirable but also very difficult - especially for two people who have those values to actually meet.
Also if the guy had been with a few other girls sexually but I felt that he would be loyal and true to me then I'd have to overlook his past because it is in the past.
I'm a Protestant, religious and would most definitely marry a guy like that.

To be honest, I think it'd be difficult to find someone nowadays who hasn't had several partners before marriage, which isn't something bad. Christianity doesn't equal abstinence until marriage, at least not anymore. There are many ways to interpret the Bible and only because some people believe in a more benevolent god and less strictness doesn't mean that they're necessarily wrong.

That's just my opinion, if you'd ask a Catholic you might get a different answer.

What? If you’re Christian then you’re religious lol
being a virgin b4 marriage is the ideal really... no mixing of souls or stds
How so? I was born and brought up a Christian but I don’t actively practise the religion as a devout Christian. Doesn’t mean I’m not a Christian :s-smilie:

If you don't practise the religion you are not Christian. A Christian is a follower or disciple of Jesus; someone who believes Jesus is the Christ or Messiah. So if you are not a follower of Jesus, does not actively believe in Jesus Christ and doesn't actively try to be Christ-like you are not Christian. Your religion is not something that can be vicariously attained through family members or others.

"A Christian without Christ is just an Ian."
Alie, if you're a Christian say it with your chest, no need to hide.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending