The Student Room Group
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website

Birmingham City University (BCU) applicants + freshers chat thread 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JoyHannah1
Hey. My name is Joy. I’m from London & I want to study Children’s Nursing and would love BCU to give me a place. I’m looking forward to my accommodation at Belgrave View as it has music practice rooms which I can rehearse on the piano since it’s my passion, and now that I won’t be studying music like in the past it’ll be a great way to use my free time. I’m not nervous but would love to know people before joining as it’ll not make me a ‘lost sheep’. I already went to the open day and loved every bit of it :smile:

ps I’d love to keep in touch with anyone wanting to join BCU. 😊

Hey joy, I applied for child nursing aswell! Had my interview and received an offer couple weeks after !Have you had an interview yet or offer? X
North Campus, Birmingham City University
Birmingham City University
Birmingham
Visit website
Hi everyone,
I've received an unconditional for English and Creative Writing, and I've heard brilliant things about the uni. Is there anyone else here who's applied for that course/ received an offer?
Original post by Roxxeh
Hey all, I've just received my unconditional offer for speech and language therapy! BCU has always been my first choice for this course. I attended my open day back in October. I'm really excited to start studying again. I'm really nervous about coming back as a mature student. I originally went to Portsmouth university in 2011 but had to leave due to personal circumstances. So that's made me a little bit nervous. Roxxi

Hey Roxxeh!

Congratulations on your offer! And no need to be nervous, we have students from all kinds of backgrounds joining us so I'me sure you won't be alone :smile:
Original post by Oliviaaelizabeth
I have recieved an offer for Midwifery at BCU with conditional requirements of grade B’s in A level what happens if I only get a C or below but still get the UCAS points would I be accepted still?

Hey Olivia,

If you're worried it's worth contacting our admissions team to clarify the conditions of your offer. You can email them on [email protected] and they should be able to help.

All the best!

Lydia
Is anyone thinking of firming at BCU for child nursing September 2018 x
Hello, I have been asked to complete a fee status questionnaire but I don’t understand why I have been asked to do this. I clearly stated in my ucas application that I am a UK Citizen and the date of my first entry in the UK

What should I do?
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi , I was emailed by bcu to send my gcse qualification English and maths and to upload it on bcu portal. I have done via my iPhone and on bcu portal under complete action where my photos are , it’s say pending next to the photos what does that mean ? Have u guys got them?
Original post by 1_Zainn_
Hi , I was emailed by bcu to send my gcse qualification English and maths and to upload it on bcu portal. I have done via my iPhone and on bcu portal under complete action where my photos are , it’s say pending next to the photos what does that mean ? Have u guys got them?

I had that when I was applying here ! I think it just means that they’re reviewing your GCSE results x
Reply 68
Original post by Birmingham City University
Hey Roxxeh!

Congratulations on your offer! And no need to be nervous, we have students from all kinds of backgrounds joining us so I'me sure you won't be alone :smile:

Thank you so much. I'm super excited to be continue pursuing my passion with you.
I think it's because I've been out of education for a little while and that's what makes me nervous. Haven't had to do essays for a long time. Haha. All part of the challenge.
Original post by JVarezz4
Hello, I have been asked to complete a fee status questionnaire but I don’t understand why I have been asked to do this. I clearly stated in my ucas application that I am a UK Citizen and the date of my first entry in the UK

What should I do?

Hi, if you clearly put that you're a UK citizen then it could just be protocol if you weren't born in the UK. I'd double check with admissions though, do you have a contact for them? If not, let me know what course you've applied for and I'll find the right contact details for you.

Thanks,
Lydia
Hi, if you clearly put that you're a UK citizen then it could just be protocol if you weren't born in the UK. I'd double check with admissions though, do you have a contact for them? If not, let me know what course you've applied for and I'll find the right contact details for you.

Thanks,
Lydia

Thank you, I’ve applied for Biomedical Sciences
Original post by HavanaTiaX
I had that when I was applying here ! I think it just means that they’re reviewing your GCSE results x

Yep it literally just means they haven't looked at them yet don't worry x
Original post by JVarezz4
Thank you, I’ve applied for Biomedical Sciences

Great, in which case try call +44 (0)121 331 5500 or email [email protected] and they'll be able to confirm exactly what you need to do for your application.

Thanks!
Lydia
Reply 73
I was delighted to see that today I received a conditional (unconditional if firm) offer from BCU for Criminology. I was not expecting the potential unconditional part at all so, to say the least, I'm extremely pleased!

Looking forward to attending an applicant day!
Original post by ccross
I was delighted to see that today I received a conditional (unconditional if firm) offer from BCU for Criminology. I was not expecting the potential unconditional part at all so, to say the least, I'm extremely pleased!

Looking forward to attending an applicant day!

Congratulations :thumbsup:

We'll see you at your Applicant Taster Day! Let us know if you have any questions before then.

Lydia
Hi im bit confused i recieved an conditional offer for BCU and this offer is subject to me meet and entry requirement.
But it say if you accept BCU as ur firm choice and upload evidence of ur level 2 qualification, (which i have on BCU portal and it been accepted on BCU portal) this offer will be made unconditional and you will be placed iwth us
Original post by 1_Zainn_
Hi im bit confused i recieved an conditional offer for BCU and this offer is subject to me meet and entry requirement.
But it say if you accept BCU as ur firm choice and upload evidence of ur level 2 qualification, (which i have on BCU portal and it been accepted on BCU portal) this offer will be made unconditional and you will be placed iwth us

Hi Zainn,

Well done on your offer! That's correct, so it means if you accept the offer as your firm choice it will become unconditional meaning you have the place whether you meet the initial requirements or not. If you don't want it to be your firm choice but accept it as your insurance, then it's a conditional offer and you'll have to meet the conditional requirements.

Let us know if you're still not sure or if you have any other questions! :h:

Lydia
Reply 77
Hi,
I've applied to BCU to study BSc paramedic science. I really want to study here as I've done a foundation degree here previously and I loved the Uni and the teaching here.
I'm really nervous, I applied at the end if December and I had an email requesting me to upload my qualifications which I did straight away. I haven't heard anything back as of yet and I'm getting a little anxious now.
Does anyone know how long it takes for a decision regarding an interview or whether you are successful or not?
Becoming a paramedic is a dream and goal for me so I'm extra anxious !!
Thanks
Original post by MA78
Hi,
I've applied to BCU to study BSc paramedic science. I really want to study here as I've done a foundation degree here previously and I loved the Uni and the teaching here.
I'm really nervous, I applied at the end if December and I had an email requesting me to upload my qualifications which I did straight away. I haven't heard anything back as of yet and I'm getting a little anxious now.
Does anyone know how long it takes for a decision regarding an interview or whether you are successful or not?
Becoming a paramedic is a dream and goal for me so I'm extra anxious !!
Thanks

Hi MA78,

I wouldn't worry too much at the moment, as you can image with the UCAS January deadline coming up, admissions are very busy with applications at the moment and we've just had the Christmas break. If you still haven't heard in a couple weeks, private message us your full name and UCAS number and I'll chase it up with admissions for you, but hopefully you'll hear soon!

Thanks,
Lydia
Reply 79
Hi MA78,

I wouldn't worry too much at the moment, as you can image with the UCAS January deadline coming up, admissions are very busy with applications at the moment and we've just had the Christmas break. If you still haven't heard in a couple weeks, private message us your full name and UCAS number and I'll chase it up with admissions for you, but hopefully you'll hear soon!

Thanks,
Lydia

Thank you Lydia,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending