The Student Room Group

Official 2018 Oxford Decisions Thread [No Discussion]

It's almost results day! This is the thread for posting the results of your application. If you've been successful, congratulations. If not, well done for getting this far and remember that you will do brilliantly wherever you go.

Please use the following format for your replies:

Subject:
College:
Outcome:
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl):
How do you feel?
Anything else?

This thread is for results only, please leave discussion for the discussion thread.

Useful links:
2018 Discussions
Decisions threads for 2017, 2016 and 2015
Oxford decisions information page
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Just found out by email 9.13am, unconditional offer to study law at Harris Manchester college. I was also given the option to start in October or defer entry until April 2019 (for senior status). I’m absolutely stunned! Edited to add: I’m a mature student
(edited 6 years ago)
Subject: English Q300
College: Lady Margaret Hall
Outcome: Rejection
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Email at 8:45am
How do you feel? A bit disappointed, but I’m happy with the rest of my offers so I’ll be fine in a few days haha
Anything else? I’m from the North East of England, I was an applicant from the UNIQ summer school I also have a disability (visual impairment) - just in case anyone likes to track the access scheme stats haha

Best of luck everyone, if you get rejected don’t feel too bad! Life goes on
Subject: Fine Art
College: LMH
Outcome: Acceptance
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): email
How do you feel? Pretty happy!
Anything else? Uhm... no?
Subject: Experimental Psychology
College: Harris Manchester (21 college)
Outcome: Conditional (45 distinctions on A2HE)
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Email @ bang on 9am.
How do you feel? Elated! Nervous about achieving the required grades :lol:
Anything else? Never let anyone tell you you don't have a shot. Even if a little part of you agrees with them! It's only one UCAS choice after all.
(edited 6 years ago)
Subject: English Language and Literature
College: Trinity
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Email at 9:53am UK time
How do you feel? Feeling alright, was expecting it to be honest haha
Anything else? I’m from Malaysia and had Skype interviews. I actually wasn’t going to apply originally so I’m glad I tried and made it to the interview stage (was expecting to be rejected pre-interview). Enjoyed my interviews too so overall I don’t regret applying. :biggrin:
Rejection for Physics at Mansfield College.
Subject: Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
College: Balliol
Outcome: Conditional (AAA)
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Email
How do you feel? Shocked
Anything else? Applied to St John's
Reply 8
Subject: Human Sciences
College: Mansfield College
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): email
How do you feel? shocked and over the moon!!!
Anything else?
Subject: Physics
College: Exeter
Outcome: Conditional A*AA
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Email @ 10:20
How do you feel? I'm absolutely happy. My Oxford offer is low (I already got an A*, 2 more A to go!) so I'm chill :wink:
Anything else? No...
Reply 10
Subject:
Chemistry

College:
St Hilda’s

Outcome:
Offer (A*A*A)

How did you hear?
Email.

How do you feel?
Delighted, but a bit dazed!
Reply 11
College: Worcester
Outcome: I applied to Brasenose but have received an Open conditional from Worcester College
How did you hear? Letter
How do you feel? Incredible. I was absolutely certain it was going to be a rejection. The uncertainty of which college I’ll end up at makes me feel a little uneasy (I’d love to end up at Worcester) but I’m just happy to have an offer!
Anything else? I’m from the North East and my school isn’t great so I’m really proud of myself for getting in without so much as a mock interview or any ELAT prep.

Best luck to everyone!
Subject: English Lang and Lit
College: Balliol
Outcome: I GOT AN OFFER ! (A/A/A)
How did you hear?: email!
How do you feel: I can barely describe the feeling right now
Anything else?: please - if you're someone wanting to apply, and you're being discouraged, feel like you're not worth a place, that it's out of your reach ... just go for it. I won't go into my personal circumstances here, but I've been through a lot (things I was told would lower/had demolished my chances before I'd even applied), and statistically, the odds were pretty much against me - but here I am. Don't let anybody, especially not yourself, tell you that you can't get a place. Just try.
Subject: History
College: Oriel
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): Letter
How do you feel? Very happy and surprised
Anything else? My happiness is tinged with sadness, as my twin brother received a rejection. He applied for Mathematics and Statistics, a course which only has an 8% admit rate, so it's not unexpected. However I'm just bitterly disappointed for him.
Reply 14
Subject:Law With French Law
College:s-smilie:t Hilda's
Outcome:Rejection
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl):via Track no email yet
How do you feel? Saddest day of my life
Anything else? Im sure ill get over it though best of luck to everyone else and congratulations to all offer holders!
Original post by ElvinNZ
Subject:Law With French Law
College:s-smilie:t Hilda's
Outcome:Rejection
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl):via Track no email yet
How do you feel? Saddest day of my life
Anything else? Im sure ill get over it though best of luck to everyone else and congratulations to all offer holders!

I was rejected via track as well. Feels like the end of the world, but I know it’ll be okay. Best of luck with your other choices x
Subject: Medicine
College: Hertford
How did you hear? Updated UCAS track at 11:04.
How do you feel? Obviously disappointed, but I definitely expected it. Worried because I haven't got any offers yet.
Anything else? Good luck to everyone else for the future, whatever the outcome today.
College: Merton
Outcome: Unconditonal offer
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): I actually checked UCAS track first and then got an email about 10 minutes later
How do you feel? ON TOP OF THE WORLD
Anything else? I’m a reapplicant - applied for History @ Brasenose last year and was rejected after interview so today feels extra special
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 18
Subject: PPE
College: St. Catherine's
Outcome: Conditional offer - American conditions
How did you hear? UCAS Track (no email yet)
How do you feel? Ecstatic...I thought I destroyed my chances in the interview
Reply 19
Subject: Maths and Computer Science
College: Worcester
Outcome: rejection
How did you hear? (email/letter/owl): ucas track
How do you feel? devastated, I feel like it won't get better in a while. not sure if i'll get over it tbh (i probably will I guess), it's the first time I've wanted something really bad so I'm not used to the feeling of rejection...
Anything else? I read that in previous years ucas track updates very late (days later the email/letter) so I didn't expect anything when I checked it (Brasenose admin posted that decisions have been sent to ucas), even refreshed the page a few times to make sure I didn't read it wrong :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending