The Student Room Group

Psychology Assignment (HELP)

I'm doing an assignment in Psychology. I have an argument to work on which is Psychology as a Science (for and against and then a conclusion) . I've given some facts like the true definition of Psychology is that is it is a science of the human mind, and compared theories in science like the big bang theory for when people say it is not based on facts like Science.

It says I need to give evidence as well- I have no idea what that means. Does it mean research that proves this? how am I meant to represent that? Its got its own section in the assignment for evidence- I am confused.

Also any ideas for against it being a Science?

I need to get this done. I've got such little time now
Thanks
I would recommend checking out Kuhn's theory of paradigm shifts
Reply 2
Original post by blitterflicker
I'm doing an assignment in Psychology. I have an argument to work on which is Psychology as a Science (for and against and then a conclusion) . I've given some facts like the true definition of Psychology is that is it is a science of the human mind, and compared theories in science like the big bang theory for when people say it is not based on facts like Science.

It says I need to give evidence as well- I have no idea what that means. Does it mean research that proves this? how am I meant to represent that? Its got its own section in the assignment for evidence- I am confused.

Also any ideas for against it being a Science?

I need to get this done. I've got such little time now
Thanks

As society changes so does psychology it isn't valid over time. Also it is mostly theory based and there is no one rule for everyone
Reply 3
You could also argue that no methods of research are absolute in psychology and there are always multiple interpretations. It is not fixed. Theories and interpretations vary according to contexts.
Original post by Noodlzzz
I would recommend checking out Kuhn's theory of paradigm shifts

Thanks for this.
Do you have any idea what I am meant to do about the evidence paragraph?
Original post by Bham369
As society changes so does psychology it isn't valid over time. Also it is mostly theory based and there is no one rule for everyone

That is a great point. Thanks!
Original post by Alina_Ap
You could also argue that no methods of research are absolute in psychology and there are always multiple interpretations. It is not fixed. Theories and interpretations vary according to contexts.

Another good one! thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending