The Student Room Group

Deloitte Brightstart Apprenticeship 2018 MegaThread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Stratos7
Oh very nice, I am in the London office

How long was the application process for you?
Original post by xprojaw
How long was the application process for you?

So it took me a long while. I applied on like the 26/27th August and had a gap between my online assessments and first interview and bigger gap between that and my last interview so I didn’t get an offer until the second week of April
I realised I applied for the wrong service line. I put Tax as my first choice but realise I want to pursue my second choice, Business and Financial Advisory. I don't know what to do. Help!
Original post by xannypunanny
I realised I applied for the wrong service line. I put Tax as my first choice but realise I want to pursue my second choice, Business and Financial Advisory. I don't know what to do. Help!

I would definitely say try and get in contact with HR about it call (if you can) and email. I would say, if you can’t change it then try and get through the application process anyway and there is a good chance you will be able to change, ( I know someone who did).
Did you at least get an update on your application say within a week of submitting your online application? I got a confirmation email straight away (as with any general application) saying they should get back to me within 3-5 working days but it's been 3 weeks and I haven't heard back.I also sent an email to them last Friday but they haven't replied.
Original post by nasser_96
Did you at least get an update on your application say within a week of submitting your online application? I got a confirmation email straight away (as with any general application) saying they should get back to me within 3-5 working days but it's been 3 weeks and I haven't heard back.I also sent an email to them last Friday but they haven't replied.

It took a while for me to get a response and I applied in August. I also know that they take ages to reply and that was pretty annoying to say the least so I think just wait and see I guess. Sorry I know it’s not very helpful
It took a while for me to get a response and I applied in August. I also know that they take ages to reply and that was pretty annoying to say the least so I think just wait and see I guess. Sorry I know it’s not very helpful

Hi, regarding the 2018 applications, is the deadline March 30th 2018? Of course, I know applying earlier is best, so I am aiming to send mine off at the beginning of January. Do you think it will be read?
Original post by SpringWheat
Hi, regarding the 2018 applications, is the deadline March 30th 2018? Of course, I know applying earlier is best, so I am aiming to send mine off at the beginning of January. Do you think it will be read?

Yes the deadline is March 30th but from what I've read in previous years' threads, places have been filled very quickly in the more popular offices. People have missed out on places before even making it to an assessment centre so if you plan on applying to the city offices (London, Birmingham, Manchester, etc.) I would advise you to submit an application before January if you can.
Original post by nasser_96
Yes the deadline is March 30th but from what I've read in previous years' threads, places have been filled very quickly in the more popular offices. People have missed out on places before even making it to an assessment centre so if you plan on applying to the city offices (London, Birmingham, Manchester, etc.) I would advise you to submit an application before January if you can.

Thanks for the advice. Regarding the application process, which order is followed? I assume that you complete both numerical/verbal reasoning online tests before being called to an assessment day?
Original post by SpringWheat
Thanks for the advice. Regarding the application process, which order is followed? I assume that you complete both numerical/verbal reasoning online tests before being called to an assessment day?

Yes the online tests would come before the assessment centre which is the very last stage of the selection process. Here's a link to the selection process page for the Brightstart scheme which gives details of each stage of the selection process.
https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/articles/apprenticeship-scheme-selection.html
Original post by haleemahijazi
Has anyone attempted the online immersive assessment? If so, then what areas are covered in it? What is the best way to prepare for it. Also- how was the Job Simulation? What was the pattern and what kind of questions were asked?

Graduates are also welcome to respond and advise.

Hey

Is the online immersive assessment like a situational judgment test or does it also include verbal and numerical questions???
Just did the online test and it said 3 weeks to hear decision. Word of advice for anyone applying, this online test is SIGNIFICANTLY harder than any of the other ones I've done.
Do you have any advice for us? How should we prepare for it?
Original post by haleemahijazi
Do you have any advice for us? How should we prepare for it?

How should you prepare for the online tests or interviews?
Hi everyone, like Tasha I applied to Deloitte last year but I currently working for them in Audit in Deloitte Private (Limited liability and private equity businesses). If you have any q's about the interview process (it has changed since I did it but I will help where I can), I will do my best to get back to you! :smile: Good luck!

Hello,

I was wondering whether you could give me some tips and advice on the Deliotte Immersive Online Assessment as I am interested in applying for the Audit and Assurance Brightstart Apprenticeship (2018 intake) please?

Many thanks in advance.
Original post by Charity46
Hello,

I was wondering whether you could give me some tips and advice on the Deliotte Immersive Online Assessment as I am interested in applying for the Audit and Assurance Brightstart Apprenticeship (2018 intake) please?

Many thanks in advance.

I think my advice would be make sure you understand what is being asked of you and really pay attention to the details. I think aswell be honest with yourself in your answers rather than think what do they want me to choose because I think It will be easier to make mistakes. I hope that helps!

You might be able to find practice ones online aswell
I think my advice would be make sure you understand what is being asked of you and really pay attention to the details. I think aswell be honest with yourself in your answers rather than think what do they want me to choose because I think It will be easier to make mistakes. I hope that helps!

You might be able to find practice ones online aswell

Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.
Original post by Charity46
Thanks for your help. Really appreciate it.

no worries hope it goes well :smile:
If anyone has any questions, I'm also on the brightstart program in my first year. I joined digital which is in the technology stream.
Reply 39
Hi
I’m on the online job simulation stage and need help how can I prepare and also could I have some advice.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending