The Student Room Group

How to revise english lit at a2?

Hey everyone,

I am finding it difficult to revise English literature effectively, I would really love to get an A (hope to God I will!!) but I find it super hard to revise for it?! Does anyone else find it hard to revise for english too?

What I find the most difficult, is just HOW TO ORGANISE MY REVISION. I literally have not still found an effective revision method and therefore, I find it difficult to plan questions. One of the biggest reasons for this is because we are doing the new a levels; so i have no way to actually find any past revision questions apart from 2017 series which is locked. :frown:

So I would be SOOOOO grateful, if anyone could answer this thread and tell me some good methods of english literature revision!

Thank you,
TWB
I'm only in AS English lit myself, but we have been making lists of all the variants of the questions we might be asked (eg "lots of American literature focusses on the theme of X, explain this in 2 novels you have studied" - where X is themes), and then creating essay plans including each individual point, context, key quotes for themes etc, and then learning the essay plans. It may also be helpful to make mindmaps of themes and include all of the quotes from the texts and the critics along with some context points, and trying to see how many you can remember? Sorry if this is unhelpful, I'm still trying to figure out English lit myself, good luck! :smile: x
Original post by powis3103
I'm only in AS English lit myself, but we have been making lists of all the variants of the questions we might be asked (eg "lots of American literature focusses on the theme of X, explain this in 2 novels you have studied" - where X is themes), and then creating essay plans including each individual point, context, key quotes for themes etc, and then learning the essay plans. It may also be helpful to make mindmaps of themes and include all of the quotes from the texts and the critics along with some context points, and trying to see how many you can remember? Sorry if this is unhelpful, I'm still trying to figure out English lit myself, good luck! :smile: x

Thanks! I'm trying to that myself, english lit is so hard haha

Quick Reply

Latest