The Student Room Group

edexcel resit unit 1 uk politics 2018

Is anyone else retaking unit 1 - democracy & participation, parties, elections and pressure groups

Any predictions??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by joanna_1
Is anyone else retaking unit 1 - democracy & participation, parties, elections and pressure groups

Any predictions??

why are you retaking it? How badly did you do? Is it true you can get away just by studying 2 out of 4 topics for Edexcel politics exams? which unit are you doing for A2?
I am, did not do good in this unit but did better in unit 2 which surprised me a lot.
Reply 3
Original post by Audrey18
why are you retaking it? How badly did you do? Is it true you can get away just by studying 2 out of 4 topics for Edexcel politics exams? which unit are you doing for A2?

Basically, I was really ill when I took the exam so I knew I wasn't going to do well so I struggled!

I got a C but I can get an A

Yeah you can get away with just learning two of the four which is handy. I did electoral systems and pressure groups for my mocks.
Original post by joanna_1
Basically, I was really ill when I took the exam so I knew I wasn't going to do well so I struggled!

I got a C but I can get an A

I'm really sorry you had to go through such a difficult ordeal. I'm certain you'll do well for the exams come May this year.

which topics are you studying for A2? Are you on the old spec?

Original post by alexwiese
Yeah you can get away with just learning two of the four which is handy. I did electoral systems and pressure groups for my mocks.

can you also study just 2 out of 4 for A2? I'm referring to the edexcel's legacy papers (old spec). What are you doing for A2?
I'm really sorry you had to go through such a difficult ordeal. I'm certain you'll do well for the exams come May this year.

which topics are you studying for A2? Are you on the old spec?

can you also study just 2 out of 4 for A2? I'm referring to the edexcel's legacy papers (old spec). What are you doing for A2?

I'm also doing the legacy paper and for A2 i'm doing ideologies (Global Politics).

Also pretty sure you can study 2 out of the 4, just double checked past papers on their site and looks like it. I'm taking Unit 1 and 2 at the end of this year alongside Unit 3 and 4.
I'm also doing the legacy paper and for A2 i'm doing ideologies (Global Politics).

Also pretty sure you can study 2 out of the 4, just double checked past papers on their site and looks like it. I'm taking Unit 1 and 2 at the end of this year alongside Unit 3 and 4.

why are your exams at the end of this year? Aren't they in May or June? how are you studying for Unit 1 and 2? Are you only using the neil mcnaughton textbook or the new one? Did your teacher give you a pdf document on how to answer the various mark questions?
why are your exams at the end of this year? Aren't they in May or June? how are you studying for Unit 1 and 2? Are you only using the neil mcnaughton textbook or the new one? Did your teacher give you a pdf document on how to answer the various mark questions?

I was meant to say end of school year, so June. As for studying for Unit 1 and 2 i'm a bit late to the game. Currently doing all the Pre-Chewed Politics worksheets (In-Progress), also writing brief flash cards (In-progress) followed by detailed written notes (Not done).

My teacher hasn't given me any pdf document on how to answer various mark questions, she has a teaching approach in which we have to do our own note-taking and answer questions which she just marks.

We are using an under-graduate textbook for Unit 3 and 4, called Global Politics by Andrew Heywood. It's extremely difficult to understand with all the complicated terminology however it's very useful.
Reply 9
Yeah im doing it, im probably going to try to revise 3 for both sections though. There was a couple of people last year that got their predictions spot on so hopefully there will be the same this year
Original post by scpfcib
Yeah im doing it, im probably going to try to revise 3 for both sections though. There was a couple of people last year that got their predictions spot on so hopefully there will be the same this year

Are you doing US politics for A2? how do you answer the different mark questions?
I was meant to say end of school year, so June. As for studying for Unit 1 and 2 i'm a bit late to the game. Currently doing all the Pre-Chewed Politics worksheets (In-Progress), also writing brief flash cards (In-progress) followed by detailed written notes (Not done).

My teacher hasn't given me any pdf document on how to answer various mark questions, she has a teaching approach in which we have to do our own note-taking and answer questions which she just marks.

We are using an under-graduate textbook for Unit 3 and 4, called Global Politics by Andrew Heywood. It's extremely difficult to understand with all the complicated terminology however it's very useful.

Edit: Sorry for late reply, my other post is waiting for moderation as i linked the book in the post :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)

Edit: Sorry for late reply, my other post is waiting for moderation as i linked the book in the post :smile:

Im also doing global politics, would it be alright if you sent over any revision material you have- would be very grateful!
And also im planning to start revising for Unit 1 and 2 around March... does that seem too late?
Original post by scpfcib
And also im planning to start revising for Unit 1 and 2 around March... does that seem too late?

Don't really have any revision material that i can distribute as it's from books, notes are in written not typed up. Although i do plan on creating mind maps on the computer that i will share.

Revising Unit 1 and 2 is quite straightforward, just make sure you allocate time to revise Unit 3 and 4. They are the tricky ones :wink:

In reality i think you should start revising now or at least gathering revision material that will make it easier to revise. After my mocks are done (End of this week) i plan on starting to revise G&P in depth.
(edited 6 years ago)
if anyone needs some A grade essays fogr either unit 1 or 2 feel free to message me and I'll email you them seeing as I type most, if not all, of my essays.

doing US politics for A2... so difficult like why the millions of case studies :'( only just started my revision but i feel as though I've left it too late despite it only being January. My other subjects are linear...
Don't really have any revision material that i can distribute as it's from books, notes are in written not typed up. Although i do plan on creating mind maps on the computer that i will shake.

Revising Unit 1 and 2 is very taxing is quite straightforward, just make sure you allocate time to Unit 3 and 4. They are the tricky ones :wink:

In reality i think you should start revising now or at least gathering revision material that will make it easier to revise. After my mocks are done (End of this week) i plan on starting to revise G&P in depth.

Cheers!
Reply 17
Original post by scpfcib

What were the predictions
Original post by hvpp1ness
if anyone needs some A grade essays fogr either unit 1 or 2 feel free to message me and I'll email you them seeing as I type most, if not all, of my essays.

doing US politics for A2... so difficult like why the millions of case studies :'( only just started my revision but i feel as though I've left it too late despite it only being January. My other subjects are linear...

could you explain the part on the millions of case studies for US politics? is it possible to just study 2 topics for Unit 3C and 4C for the exams?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending