The Student Room Group

BNP Paribas Assessment Centre Tips

Hi,

Has anyone done the AC at BNP for Structuring & Trading and know what to expect? Mainly the stuff about exchange rates they ask for and if there any case studies which we need to prepare for? Also what type of maths do they expect you to do? Is it just the things you do in numerical reasoning? I have mine next week

Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Is this for Internship or Grad ?
Reply 2
Original post by Jemforever
Is this for Internship or Grad ?

Grad, but assume internship would be similar
How did your AC go?? Have you heard back from them?
Hey, I have this too - how did it go? do you have any tips?
Yeah I had it, it's very informal so nothing to worry about. Just revise non-calculator GCSE Maths (will be different for every AC) and how to convert Exchange Rates. Interviews were casual, but it's a lottery of what questions you get. Some people get brainteasers etc., others more technical questions. Mostly these questions go on the fly rather than pre-prepared. No competency questions so forget those
Have you guys hear back after pre-assessment day?
Original post by jellyblinks
Have you guys hear back after pre-assessment day?

LOL no, have you? I was one of the first people to attend it
Original post by JIMBO789
LOL no, have you? I was one of the first people to attend it

No! It's very strange they are still receiving applications and have extended the deadline for applications several times. Either they did not find enough suitable participants to organize an AC, or they are unsure about the near prospects of the bank because of Brexit. Trading is execution as opposed to other roles for Graduates which are already filled.
I have over 10 years experience with minipimers and i am SURE that you need to fix the electric engine before you squeeze any pineapple, whoever says otherwise, not trustworty.
But I'm not racist.
Original post by jellyblinks
No! It's very strange they are still receiving applications and have extended the deadline for applications several times. Either they did not find enough suitable participants to organize an AC, or they are unsure about the near prospects of the bank because of Brexit. Trading is execution as opposed to other roles for Graduates which are already filled.

I did eventually get rejected in the end. Though I thought I nailed the interview. Literally no idea what to expect them to do. Good luck anyway
Original post by goggleyed
But I'm not racist.

Not the BNP party! The French bank, BNP Paribas!
Original post by ESKETITTT
I have over 10 years experience with minipimers and i am SURE that you need to fix the electric engine before you squeeze any pineapple, whoever says otherwise, not trustworty.

Are you on the wrong chat?
Got the AC a week ago for the graduate in Trading, they told me there was only one slot... Got the offer on Tuesday.
Original post by Bigbellybonobo
Got the AC a week ago for the graduate in Trading, they told me there was only one slot... Got the offer on Tuesday.

They said they had like 90 spaces
Did you have to do group exercises?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

Has anyone done the AC at BNP for Structuring & Trading and know what to expect? Mainly the stuff about exchange rates they ask for and if there any case studies which we need to prepare for? Also what type of maths do they expect you to do? Is it just the things you do in numerical reasoning? I have mine next week

Thank you

Hey, hope the AC went well!

What sort of stuff did they ask you in your group exercises/what is the best thing I can do to prep?
Has anyone received any video interviews post online tests completion?
I completed mine in April but I'm still waiting for feedback.
I'm hoping no news is good news but idk
Original post by Coco1596
Has anyone received any video interviews post online tests completion?
I completed mine in April but I'm still waiting for feedback.
I'm hoping no news is good news but idk

Sorry for the delay in replying mate. There are no video interviews. The first stage after online tests was a so called "pre-assessment centre". In that case you do interviews and more tests.

A lot of my friends didn't hear back after doing the tests. Part of me thinks that they have some technical issues, as they did with recording the online tests. I did them like three or four times before they got submitted.

Quick Reply