The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Clare College (Cambridge) Students and Applicants

Scroll to see replies

do we hear back from interview by email or post?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by josie.seliams
do we hear back from interviews by email or post?

Original post by josie.seliams
do we hear back from interview by email or post?

You should receive a decision email on the 10th January*. If it's an offer you may receive offer conditions and further information by post shortly after.

*This has been agreed by all colleges.
Has anyone received an offer? I got one for History from Clare today:smile:
Original post by lovelikeghosts

Well done mate! Hope to see you this year :wink: (that is if you don't take a gap year, if so, see you next year!)

congrats! I got one for Natsci :smile:
Original post by igotohaggerston
Well done mate! Hope to see you this year :wink: (that is if you don't take a gap year, if so, see you next year!)

Hey! Thank you, just need to get the grades first! Congratulations too, what subject did you apply for?
Original post by eliza154

Congratulations!:smile:
Hey! Thank you, just need to get the grades first! Congratulations too, what subject did you apply for?

I'm a first year mathmo at Clare haha. Feel free to ask me any questions.

Well done!!
Congratulations!:smile:

thanks, see you in October hopefully :biggrin:
Well done!!

thanks, did you get an offer? :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
thanks, did you get an offer? :smile:

Yeah, about this time last year haha. I'm a first year at Clare studying maths. Feel free to ask me any questions about the college or Cambridge in general and I'll do my best to answer them.
Yeah, about this time last year haha. I'm a first year at Clare studying maths. Feel free to ask me any questions about the college or Cambridge in general and I'll do my best to answer them.

oops I should have seen your earlier post haha - how is the workload and did you get any feedback from your DoS about your application?
oops I should have seen your earlier post haha - how is the workload and did you get any feedback from your DoS about your application?
I found the workload alright this term and I didn't think that the other mathmos found the work too much. I think the difficulty of the work made up for the amount, but I think I coped well. They don't give feedback, but I'm sure they'll tell you if you ask. I'm curious as to how I did in my first Interview, my DOS is a very nice guy but quite blunt and I don't think I could handle him telling me I was trash so I don't risk it by asking haha
I found the workload alright this term and I didn't think that the other mathmos found the work too much. I think the difficulty of the work made up for the amount, but I think I coped well. They don't give feedback, but I'm sure they'll tell you if you ask. I'm curious as to how I did in my first Interview, my DOS is a very nice guy but quite blunt and I don't think I could handle him telling me I was trash so I don't risk it by asking haha

right, I'm really curious about how I did in the admissions assessment and the interviews but idk if I'll ask. by October I might not be that interested in my application anymore :biggrin:

also are your supervisions similar in style to your interviews?
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm curious as to how I did in my first Interview, my DOS is a very nice guy but quite blunt and I don't think I could handle him telling me I was trash so I don't risk it by asking haha

Except you weren't because you got an offer :wink:

Try asking him - I'm sure he won't bite.

Much...
right, I'm really curious about how I did in the admissions assessment and the interviews but idk if I'll ask. by October I might not be that interested in my application anymore :biggrin:

also are your supervisions similar in style to your interviews?

Before I had my first supervision I felt as nervous as I did when I had my first Interview haha. But the supervisions are very different to interviews, in supervisions we go over the example sheet questions, get hints for questions we didn't attempt properly and the supervisor clears up anything we didn't understand in lectures. The only thing that's similar to interviews is they ask questions which you haven't seen before to check your understanding, but they do this because they want to help you improve rather than an interview where they want to see if you are right for the course.
Original post by Doonesbury
Except you weren't because you got an offer :wink:

Try asking him - I'm sure he won't bite.

Much...

Haha, maybe I'll get some courage next term. I tried to get interview scores in a freedom of information act request, but the college didn't budge XD
Haha, maybe I'll get some courage next term. I tried to get interview scores in a freedom of information act request, but the college didn't budge XD

That would be a Data Protection request. FOI is for anonymous info only.

Just ask him :smile:
Original post by Doonesbury
That would be a Data Protection request. FOI is for anonymous info only.

Just ask him :smile:

Haha
I'll give it a go

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending