The Student Room Group

London Fashion Models/ The Studio Work/Studio41

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Model999
I am not sure about other people, but I haven't.

What have you tried?
I emailed the email provided on this chat. Maybe if there are a group of us it will help with Trading Standards to get our money back?
Original post by paulinerobertson
Can anyone give me some details about this company please? I took my daughter down to London last week for her photo shoot and felt right away that the place was 'dodgy'. We almost didn't go in. But we went and did the shoot. I made excuses that I couldn't stay to view the pics as I had a train to catch so I didn't speak to the consultant. But now i'm not sure I even want to bother viewing the pics? Do they try and force you into buying pics etc?

I went last Friday (5th January). The consultant was very very persistent with us buying the photos. If it smells like a rat....... it’s a rat! Luckily for us we parted with £50 (deposit). I was informed my £50 will be refunded 🤔. Watch this space!
Original post by Broken7003
Yep paid 2500 with deal i would get 3 jobs leading to 6 a month n make my money back for christmas. They have continually fobbed me off...websites terrible...substandard n cant get money back from bank on credit card. Its made me ill! Reported to action fraud. Has anyone got their money back? I wrote a letter outlining i wanted a refund a few days after i realised they arnt an agency so its illegal to find me work...they said my consumer rights are irrelevant on personal items...but they havnt met the standard n aftercare let alone a job after. They said 6 days n my website will b live...3 weeks on im still waiting for them to change as they didnt ask what images i wanted. My 10 yr old could do a better job. Im a single mum with 2 kids...this has broken me

Hi Broken7003!!!!!

I smelt a rat when I attended the photoshoot with my daughter. Don’t worry! I’m just out of pocket by £50. No way, were we going to pay for the package. I was informed yesterday I would receive my £50 within 4-5 days. Watch this space. I’m so sorry to hear of your experience with those scammers!!!!!!! Please keep me updated.
I just fell in the trick last Friday as well, however I found everything was quite strange for me and I did some research online and found it's a scammer. So I am already doing some things to try to get my money back. I cancelled my card and asked bank to re-issue a new card to me, but at this stage, bank can't block the transaction for me, I have to wait first. I also have reported to police and get a CRN (Crime Reference Number). I strongly suggest that all victims should report their cases to police. The way to report this kind of cases is not to go to a police station. You should go to "Action Fraud" website (
https://actionfraud.police.uk/) and complete your case there and get a CRN or you also can call 0300 123 2040 to report it in week days during their working hous, then a police will ask you to describe your case and record it then gives you a CRN. More people report it then police will know how serious this thing is. I am still trying other ways, and waiting for some results, so once I have some successful things happened I will post them to your guys for reference.

My case was quite bad, I think they gave different people different prices, that night, I only had 3 packages - £3500, £5000 & £7500 to choose. I remember that the guy - Zac wanted to get my money from my credit card from his computer system - Barclay card system, it was rejected couple times and then he tried to use PDQ mecaine, the same thing happened. I had to call my bank to unblock the security, then my payment could only go through PDQ mechain. (Gosh, how come I was so stupied to do so.) I think my bank detected the account wanted to get my money is some kind of scamming account, so could not go through. So I already reported to my bank couple times to my bank and am waiting for bank's action. According to Citizen Adice Bureau's suggestion, a person can ask credit card or debit card's issuer to block a transaction and the bank should do so, but of course they will take some time to investigate your case. So the same, I will suggest people who are victims here to do the same thing, then banks normal exhange some scamming information, then they will know some accounts are dangerous for you to pay money in.

There are some discussions in "BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam" discussion, it's the same company. You guys can go there to have a look some discussions. If we get together, actually we can report many cases to police and banks, then more cases, they will start to do something for us.

I also found the company use topmodels.one to attract people to sign in, then the studio itself has few different names, Studio, Studio 41, Noir, Noir 41, Sudio Work. I also found that when the wanted to use his computer to take my money, the money would go to an account called "Matthew Reece".

I fell in this trick, but I found it's a scammer in the next day (Within 24 hours), it wasn't too bad. However, now I worry about those people I saw in the studio, they were very nice, we smiled to each other and encourage each other. They may be celebrating their new future at the moment, but in few weeks or couple months time, they will realise that they are scammed. I don't know how to contact them, but only hope they can see these discussions ASAP, then do something to help themselves.

Hi! My daughter attended the studio last Friday afternoon. Thank you so much for sharing the information regarding reporting it to the Police. I smelt a rat before I entered the studio. Received alarm bells as I buzzed. They persuaded us to buy a package of £2,500 we DECLINED!! They were very very persistent to say the least. I was contact yesterday and informed I will receive my deposit of £50. I’m so sorry to hear of your devastating experience. Please keep me posted! I too, hope OTHERS will see these posts!!!!!!
Original post by Paulette78
Hi Broken7003!!!!!

I smelt a rat when I attended the photoshoot with my daughter. Don’t worry! I’m just out of pocket by £50. No way, were we going to pay for the package. I was informed yesterday I would receive my £50 within 4-5 days. Watch this space. I’m so sorry to hear of your experience with those scammers!!!!!!! Please keep me updated.

Will do huni...a hell of a lot wont be happy with a simple refund n tbh i dont blame them, the financial hardship, interest rates charged on such a big amount not to mention the effect its having mentally on these poor victims.
Theres a few that will persue through a small claims court but more than 10 people have joined together with the total exceeding 10 k alone in portfolios mean it can be handled by consumer law. This also means more evidence, more witnesss testemonys and they will be closed down. They have already had 5 businesses closed down from 2008 i think with same scam but different names. Blumin massive scale these people are in n if caught with any involvement will be looking a good 5 yrs is it for fraud these days. Karma will find them n im sure they will encounter plenty of sleepless nights as we have....but on prison mattress.
Yes they make up a spiel about they will invest a huge amount if you can match it. In order to get promised work,then they lock u in a contract...i said i wasnt happy to sign the contract but she got quite pushy n said we as a company r investing this amount so u cant miss this opportunity. I asked if i could think about it n let her know the next day...she asked my name again and signed my contract on my behalf...it was at this point i knew something wasnt right
I even investigated the studio before i went...it was only after delving into p.4 i noticed a review about the scam.
Made several complaints on different forums to warn people...the studio said they are aware what ive done n arnt very happy but continue to operate under fake reg numbers etc and will continue to spend money on getting these taken down or hide the real reviews.
This company are absolute scammers, they will make you false promises with modelling contracts just to get you to purchase a photoshoot valued at around £8k. Lets create a hash tag #thestudioworksscammers I will be creating a website to name and shame this company!!
Original post by Paulette78
Hi! My daughter attended the studio last Friday afternoon. Thank you so much for sharing the information regarding reporting it to the Police. I smelt a rat before I entered the studio. Received alarm bells as I buzzed. They persuaded us to buy a package of £2,500 we DECLINED!! They were very very persistent to say the least. I was contact yesterday and informed I will receive my deposit of £50. I’m so sorry to hear of your devastating experience. Please keep me posted! I too, hope OTHERS will see these posts!!!!!!

This company are absolute scammers, they will make you false promises with modelling contracts just to get you to purchase a photoshoot valued at around £8k. Lets create a hash tag #thestudioworksscammers I will be creating a website to name and shame this company!!

Original post by rokkysingh

8k! Blumin eck...no wonder ure upset. Have u tried getting chargeback from your bank?
Original post by rokkysingh

Email me private on [email protected] and we have formed a group to take them on for what theyve done
Hello everyone I can’t believe without any research I paid them £1900 and the lady was pushing us to pay I thought for a minute that it’s all fake and they just wana get money from me I asked her to give me at least 1 day to think because it’s too much money for me and I am full time student she said you don’t need to worry she asked me how much you have on you I told her £1800 and I paid already £100 so I can only pay £1900 she said Okk let me see what I can do She went out from the room and came back and said to me I spoke with our manager so our company will pay the rest because when you will get job we will get paid as well so we don’t want you to lose this apportunity then I looked and my girlfriend for a second she said if you think it’s good for you go head and She said for sure you will get 5 jobs a month and each job will pay u minimum £1000 I can’t believe how did I believe them but now I am so confused after reading reviews everywhere about their company I am feeling very uspest if anyone scammed by them contact me on this number so we can make a group and can’t our money back thanks 07900367090
This company is full of criminals and to think that they set up a scamming company like this is wrong. I travelled all the way from Manchester with my wife and 2 kids (12 & 14), spent 7hrs with these idiots and only for them to steal £700 of my hard earned money. My children now see the world differently and to say that I am angry is an under statement but the truth of the matter is I hate everyone at The Studio Works.
Reply 72
[QUOTE="rokkysingh;75546028"]This company are absolute scammers, they will make you false promises with modelling contracts just to get you to purchase a photoshoot valued at around £8k. Lets create a hash tag #thestudioworksscammers I will be creating a website to name and shame this company!![/QUOTE

Hi I too have been scammed by stuio works for thosands in October since then I have been thinking of ways to expose this company. I have informed the fraud team and I have contacted the police. I have even gone to the main office and confronted them. It has got to the point where I have had to take matters into my own hands. I have been stressed out and broke since they took all my savings. I have created a goverment petition under stuido works. I would be grateful if you could sign it please and share it so we can get as many signatures ands top these people from scamming innocent people.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/209609/sponsors/new?token=jOi3G4Nv8aPKSakajDZ
Reply 73
Reply 74
[QUOTE="Broken7003;75169894"]
Original post by m3dio0
Hello contact me on [email protected]

Hi I too have been scammed by studio works for thosands in October since then I have been thinking of ways to expose this company. I have informed the fraud team and I have contacted the police. I have even gone to the main office and confronted them. It has got to the point where I have had to take matters into my own hands. I have been stressed out and broke since they took all my savings. I have created a goverment petition under stuido works. I would be grateful if you could sign it please and share it so we can get as many signatures ands top these people from scamming innocent people.
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/209609/sponsors/new?token=jOi3G4Nv8aPKSakajDZ
I paid for the £2500 and was frauded aswell, however my bank paid me back the money. Just today my bank took out the money again leaving me with a -£2500 can you imagine this nonsense, claiming the company made a website for me and also provided photos for me. Please I need to sue this people and am out of thier contact details please. someone HELP🙏
we need to get our money back mine is £1950, am sueing thier ass
Original post by Not Fair
This company is full of criminals and to think that they set up a scamming company like this is wrong. I travelled all the way from Manchester with my wife and 2 kids (12 & 14), spent 7hrs with these idiots and only for them to steal £700 of my hard earned money. My children now see the world differently and to say that I am angry is an under statement but the truth of the matter is I hate everyone at The Studio Works.
Original post by sylvia37
I paid for the £2500 and was frauded aswell, however my bank paid me back the money. Just today my bank took out the money again leaving me with a -£2500 can you imagine this nonsense, claiming the company made a website for me and also provided photos for me. Please I need to sue this people and am out of thier contact details please. someone HELP🙏

Did the bank say it was pending investigation...in which case it was put back temporarily until they made a decision. Have you reported it to action fraud and trading standards? Have the bank issued you with a thing called a deadlock letter....you will need this letter before you take the matter to the financial ombudsmen, they are looking unfavourably on the banks decisions to not take reasonable responsibility for the fraud n can make the bank pay it back to you. Email me [email protected] got a massive network going now with all sorts of vital evidence to take them down. You can join us. Dont worry, i know it must of felt like it was all sorted and now they have turned you upsideown...i get that. U poor thing x
Hi, please contact me; I am currently working on a case against them. The same happened to me. I am only 17 years old and they charged me 4600 pounds. I would like proof from other people who have gone through the same
I just fell in the trick last Friday as well, however I found everything was quite strange for me and I did some research online and found it's a scammer. So I am already doing some things to try to get my money back. I cancelled my card and asked bank to re-issue a new card to me, but at this stage, bank can't block the transaction for me, I have to wait first. I also have reported to police and get a CRN (Crime Reference Number). I strongly suggest that all victims should report their cases to police. The way to report this kind of cases is not to go to a police station. You should go to "Action Fraud" website (
https://actionfraud.police.uk/) and complete your case there and get a CRN or you also can call 0300 123 2040 to report it in week days during their working hous, then a police will ask you to describe your case and record it then gives you a CRN. More people report it then police will know how serious this thing is. I am still trying other ways, and waiting for some results, so once I have some successful things happened I will post them to your guys for reference.

My case was quite bad, I think they gave different people different prices, that night, I only had 3 packages - £3500, £5000 & £7500 to choose. I remember that the guy - Zac wanted to get my money from my credit card from his computer system - Barclay card system, it was rejected couple times and then he tried to use PDQ mecaine, the same thing happened. I had to call my bank to unblock the security, then my payment could only go through PDQ mechain. (Gosh, how come I was so stupied to do so.) I think my bank detected the account wanted to get my money is some kind of scamming account, so could not go through. So I already reported to my bank couple times to my bank and am waiting for bank's action. According to Citizen Adice Bureau's suggestion, a person can ask credit card or debit card's issuer to block a transaction and the bank should do so, but of course they will take some time to investigate your case. So the same, I will suggest people who are victims here to do the same thing, then banks normal exhange some scamming information, then they will know some accounts are dangerous for you to pay money in.

There are some discussions in "BEWARE - London Fashion Models Scam" discussion, it's the same company. You guys can go there to have a look some discussions. If we get together, actually we can report many cases to police and banks, then more cases, they will start to do something for us.

I also found the company use topmodels.one to attract people to sign in, then the studio itself has few different names, Studio, Studio 41, Noir, Noir 41, Sudio Work. I also found that when the wanted to use his computer to take my money, the money would go to an account called "Matthew Reece".

I fell in this trick, but I found it's a scammer in the next day (Within 24 hours), it wasn't too bad. However, now I worry about those people I saw in the studio, they were very nice, we smiled to each other and encourage each other. They may be celebrating their new future at the moment, but in few weeks or couple months time, they will realise that they are scammed. I don't know how to contact them, but only hope they can see these discussions ASAP, then do something to help themselves.

Same thing happened to me. That zac Thomas guy was a creepy looking guy and misled me into signing the contact. I have reported my case to action fraud, to consumer direct (who passed it over to trading standards) and also to the fraud dept at my bank. They will all investigate.

The company uses lots of different names to throw people off their tracks and then when you call them up on the fraud they claim that they are not the same company getting these bad reviews. They even turn around and say they just hire the studio (The Studio Works) and that the agency has nothing to do with the studio.

I would like to support you guys to strengthen your case. How would I know that who is genuine here and who is not as someone of the scammers could be watching this too. I know that the director ‘el’ was on some other forum watching and replying to the threads.

What is really alarming is that on their blogs they even talk about being careful of the very scams that they are running.

Quick Reply

Latest