The Student Room Group

A level subjects combination to study engineering in germany

I'm currently studying Cambridge A-levels with a subject combination of Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. I plan to study engineering in Germany. I know that you'll have to get a language qualification in order to study in Germany, so I'll be taking German Language A-levels outside as my college doesn't provide this. And I'm deciding if I should take Further Maths or Economics. I have a few questions here:1) Will taking Further Maths be an advantage to getting into German Uni? If you do not take it, will it be at a less advantage compared to those who did? for example do they prefer the ones who take fm than the ones who dont?2) Is A-level Maths and Further Maths counted as one subject or two subjects in Germany?3) Do German Uni assess your extra-curricular activities or do they just look at your grades?Thank you. And if you have any informations regarding to studying in Germany too, please comment below.
Original post by asdfghjkl0
I'm currently studying Cambridge A-levels with a subject combination of Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Economics. I plan to study engineering in Germany. I know that you'll have to get a language qualification in order to study in Germany, so I'll be taking German Language A-levels outside as my college doesn't provide this. And I'm deciding if I should take Further Maths or Economics. I have a few questions here:1) Will taking Further Maths be an advantage to getting into German Uni? If you do not take it, will it be at a less advantage compared to those who did? for example do they prefer the ones who take fm than the ones who dont?2) Is A-level Maths and Further Maths counted as one subject or two subjects in Germany?3) Do German Uni assess your extra-curricular activities or do they just look at your grades?Thank you. And if you have any informations regarding to studying in Germany too, please comment below.

Have you one the research and visited the websites of the German unis you are interested in and looked at their entrance requirements? I'd have thought talking to them direct would have iven you the answers required more speedily?

Quick Reply

Latest