The Student Room Group

Policing degree?

Has anybody got any recommendations for unis for policing degrees?
I’ve looked at:
Liverpool John Moores- Policing Studies
Chester- Community Policing and Criminal Investigation
Cumbria- Professional Policing

Ideally I want just a “straightforward” policing degree, not a combined degree (like policing with forensic psychology for example).

I’ve not decided about living in or living at home, if I live in I won’t be able to insure my car, where as if I live at home I will be able to insure my car and drive once I’ve passed my test. But then I kind of want to live in for the experience, but then it’s really expensive 🤔

Any advice or help is welcome, I’m meant to have applied to ucas by the end of this week 😬
Original post by duke2908
I’ve looked at:

Ideally I want just a “straightforward” policing degree, not a combined degree (like policing with forensic psychology for example).

I’ve not decided about living in or living at home, if I live in I won’t be able to insure my car, where as if I live at home I will be able to insure my car and drive once I’ve passed my test. But then I kind of want to live in for the experience, but then it’s really expensive 🤔

Any advice or help is welcome, I’m meant to have applied to ucas by the end of this week 😬
It terms of the money, I'd say you have a choice between a car and uni experience.

I'm having a look for policing courses now then I'll try to work out where the best forum for your enquiry is.:wink:

Is it your intention to stay in the North West?:holmes:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by duke2908
I’ve looked at:

Edge Hill, DeMontfort and Derby all have these courses I believe. As do York St. John and Sheffield Hallam (the last one may be slightly different).
Reply 4
Original post by 04MR17
It terms of the money, I'd say you have a choice between a car and uni experience.

I'm having a look for policing courses now then I'll try to work out where the best forum for your enquiry is.:wink:

Is it your intention to stay in the North West?:holmes:

Thank you! And I know, it seems to be driving, or having the uni experience 😩
To be honest I’m not really too fussed where abouts, if there’s somewhere I really like that isn’t in the North West I would move :smile:
Reply 5
I don't have any recommendation, but i'm applying to this course too! i've choose Chester and i decided to do a foundation year cause i'm from from Italy! Hopefully we get in!
Reply 6
Original post by ImaneP.
I don't have any recommendation, but i'm applying to this course too! i've choose Chester and i decided to do a foundation year cause i'm from from Italy! Hopefully we get in!

Ah Good luck! I didn’t really like Chester at the warrington campus when I looked round so have decided it’s between derby or Cumbria! Have you looked round anywhere else?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending