The Student Room Group

tesco employee number/ checking holidays

Hi, I have recently started a job at tesco and I was wondering how i find out what my employee number is as i need it to login to 'ourtesco'? how do I get this or who do i get it from?
also, how do i check what holidays i have booked off?
just ask your employer
(edited 6 years ago)
It takes a couple of weeks. You'll get it on your first payslip and on a new clocking in card once the system has made one
I have clocking card but the site above does not recognize the 4 digit employee number? Neither does the payslips site, Whats the format of the employee number?

I believe all tesco payslips are online only arent they?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by gerrymouse1969
I have clocking card but the site above does not recognize the 4 digit employee number? Neither does the payslips site, Whats the format of the employee number?

I believe all tesco payslips are online only arent they?

The employee number is more than 4 digits. You should get paper payslips too which will have it
Original post by Fighter365
The employee number is more than 4 digits. You should get paper payslips too which will have it

Cheers dont have one as yet and manager is off all weekend, they have paid me half what I was expecting so freaking out a little
Cheers dont have one as yet and manager is off all weekend, they have paid me half what I was expecting so freaking out a little

Maybe emergency tax
Original post by Fighter365
Maybe emergency tax

First job in the UK and so I ticked the "this is my first job" box and my understanding is as its so late in the tax year I would earn all income from now until end of March tax free.
Reply 8

Get used that! When I worked there they always messed up my pay.
Original post by ella1028
Get used that! When I worked there they always messed up my pay.

Great, thats all I need

Thanks for the heads up

What kind of stuff do they pull as I heard rumours they dont quote hours on the payslip so how u supposed to check if its right?
Great, thats all I need

Thanks for the heads up

What kind of stuff do they pull as I heard rumours they dont quote hours on the payslip so how u supposed to check if its right?

You're welcome!

They don't really keep count of over time, so write down every shift you work and keep a note of it all! That way you can check if your pay is correct and if it's not then you can easily take it up with your manager until they amend your pay.
Great, thats all I need

Thanks for the heads up

I’ve been here 7 paydays and my pay has only been right about twice
Original post by ella1028
You're welcome!

They don't really keep count of over time, so write down every shift you work and keep a note of it all! That way you can check if your pay is correct and if it's not then you can easily take it up with your manager until they amend your pay.

so whats the point of clocking in and out if it doesn't keep an electronic account of your hours ? thats nuts

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending