The Student Room Group

Reapplying for the same Oxford college?

Would anyone encourage reapplying for the same college or advise against it? And what reasons would you give? Weighing out all my options now with regards to university and I may consider reapplying for Oxford next year.
get the minimum a-level grades, maybe 1 grade should be better. Focus on the interview and pre-interview assessments. They don't care about GCSE's until they have to compare you with GCSE's.
Try to have similar interests aligned with the college, debaters tend to go to Oriel, lawyers politicians model UN, Balliol and St Johns for health and lifestyle societies etc
Original post by nomiskelly
Would anyone encourage reapplying for the same college or advise against it? And what reasons would you give? Weighing out all my options now with regards to university and I may consider reapplying for Oxford next year.

Don't reapply to the same college for the same course, especially if you got to the interview stage. They will remember your application (even if your old files are deleted) and it will most likely be the same people (who rejected you last time) interviewing/assessing you again, which is less than ideal.

Choose a different college that you like, see how your A levels go, reapply if you feel like it but remember it is not a guarantee of success (it can go either way) so just keep an open mind :yep:
Reply 4
Original post by auburnstar
, Don't reapply to the same college for the same course, especially if you got to the interview stage. They will remember your application (even if your old files are deleted) and it will most likely be the same people (who rejected you last time) interviewing/assessing you again, which is less than ideal.

Choose a different college that you like, see how your A levels go, reapply if you feel like it but remember it is not a guarantee of success (it can go either way) so just keep an open mind :yep:

Thanks for the advice! I think I remember you from another thread on here. Were you successful in your reapplication?
Thanks for the advice! I think I remember you from another thread on here. Were you successful in your reapplication?

No problem! :smile: No I was not, but I am actually glad in a way as I'm not sure the environment would be right for me in retrospect.
Reply 6

Sometimes your feedback might recommend reapplying to the same college. But that's uncommon, and usually it's best to try elsewhere.

And when you request feedback do mention you are considering reapplying.
Reply 7
Original post by platinumoxbr
Try to have similar interests aligned with the college, debaters tend to go to Oriel, lawyers politicians model UN, Balliol and St Johns for health and lifestyle societies etc

This is *******s.
Reply 8
Original post by Doonesbury
Sometimes your feedback might recommend reapplying to the same college. But that's uncommon, and usually it's best to try elsewhere.

And when you request feedback do mention you are considering reapplying.

Didn't know it was possible to receive feedback. Do you contact the college you applied to?
Reply 9
Didn't know it was possible to receive feedback. Do you contact the college you applied to?

Yes, or sometimes it goes via your referee. Ask your college to be sure.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending