The Student Room Group

How to stop people connecting to smart tv?

I am at my uni accommodation with an LG smart TV that allows laptops, phones and other smart devices to connect. However, halfway through gaming, my screen changed as somebody connected to my tv (there was no notification asking me to allow it, it just connected). How do I temporarily disable the feature?
Reply 1
Hahaha i can see people having lots of fun annoying you. Check the manual or go to the website they should have a forum. There might be a setting that only accepts known devices. What model is your TV?
Reply 2
Original post by HateOCR
Hahaha i can see people having lots of fun annoying you. Check the manual or go to the website they should have a forum. There might be a setting that only accepts known devices. What model is your TV?

threw the manual away:/ LG43LJ614V
Original post by dakofsta
I am at my uni accommodation with an LG smart TV that allows laptops, phones and other smart devices to connect. However, halfway through gaming, my screen changed as somebody connected to my tv (there was no notification asking me to allow it, it just connected). How do I temporarily disable the feature?

Just disconnect the TV from the wifi.
Reply 4
Heres your manual. http://www.lg.com/uk/support/support-product/lg-43LJ614V#
Had to run a couple of miles to the landfill to get it for ya.
Reply 5
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Just disconnect the TV from the wifi.

but then i can't play the games
but then i can't play the games

Do you game on the actual TV itself?
Reply 7
Since smartTV is running Android OS, theoretically you can make your own Wifi and Bluetooth undiscoverable.
Reply 8
Original post by RoyalSheepy
Do you game on the actual TV itself?

oh sorry my bad, i need tv internet for YouTube, iPlayer etc
oh sorry my bad, i need tv internet for YouTube, iPlayer etc

I'm guessing you play the games on either an Xbox or a PlayStation which have these apps anyways, so you wouldn't even need the internet on the smart TV.
That's is what's happening to me and i can't use my u tube 0n my TV cause they changed everything
Reply 11
Try to create a hidden wifi network, but actually once I still had someone trying to connect, but only once :smile:
dont your wifi have password??
Get a wifi extender with a unique wifi name & password.

Quick Reply

Latest