Double vs Triple Science ?

Watch
Grey4444
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, I was just wondering if Triple Science is a lot more difficult than Double.
For me, if I take Triple Science it fills up another subject option.
Would taking Double (11 subjects) be more or less difficult than taking Triple Science (10 subjects) or would the work balance out as another subject? Thank you
username3480226
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if it fills a subject, triple is way better. There is much less aditional content compared to another subject, it's just a bit harder concept wise than the core stuff. If you like science do it. It's less work in my opinion
Grey4444
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rohit Joshi)
if it fills a subject, triple is way better. There is much less aditional content compared to another subject, it's just a bit harder concept wise than the core stuff. If you like science do it. It's less work in my opinion
Honestly thank you so much! I just really did not know what to do because of all the specification changes and new GCSES and whether this would effect how difficult Triple Science is. Thanks again
username3480226
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Grey4444)
Honestly thank you so much! I just really did not know what to do because of all the specification changes and new GCSES and whether this would effect how difficult Triple Science is. Thanks again
Ill admit i sat triple in 2016 (igcse edexcel). So I would double check, but from my memory the increase on content was very small. just had a lot more examination
Grey4444
Rep:
?
Ill admit i sat triple in 2016 (igcse edexcel). So I would double check, but from my memory the increase on content was very small. just had a lot more examination
Thank you so much for replying! You’ve been really helpful
username3480226
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you so much for replying! You’ve been really helpful
happy to answer anymore questions
Grey4444
Rep:
?
happy to answer anymore questions
Thank you! If you don’t mind me asking was your GCSE on the old or new specification?
CemXx732
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I was just wondering if Triple Science is a lot more difficult than Double.
For me, if I take Triple Science it fills up another subject option.
Would taking Double (11 subjects) be more or less difficult than taking Triple Science (10 subjects) or would the work balance out as another subject? Thank you
I’m doing combined science at GCSE instead of triple and it’s much easier. There’s a lot less content which allows you to go into more detail in the parts you’re unsure about. It’s also 1 less exam for each science which is more stress free. Hope this helps!
Grey4444
Rep:
?
(Original post by CemXx732)
I’m doing combined science at GCSE instead of triple and it’s much easier. There’s a lot less content which allows you to go into more detail in the parts you’re unsure about. It’s also 1 less exam for each science which is more stress free. Hope this helps!
Yes, thank you! For me, doing Triple Science would fill an extra subject slot. Do you think this would still be more work than doing another subject altogether? Thanks again
username3480226
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you! If you don’t mind me asking was your GCSE on the old or new specification?
3A* in triple igcse 2016
Grey4444
Rep:
?
3A* in triple igcse 2016
You did amazing! 3 A*s! Congratulations!
CemXx732
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, thank you! For me, doing Triple Science would fill an extra subject slot. Do you think this would still be more work than doing another subject altogether? Thanks again
I don’t think it would be as much work as doing another subject as you’ve learnt most of the course anyway. There are only a few parts to each topic that you have to learn as well as all the compulsory stuff so I think that doing a new different subject would be harder
Grey4444
Rep:
?
I don’t think it would be as much work as doing another subject as you’ve learnt most of the course anyway. There are only a few parts to each topic that you have to learn as well as all the compulsory stuff so I think that doing a new different subject would be harder
Really helpful! Thanks
username3480226
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You did amazing! 3 A*s! Congratulations!
hehe thanks i like to brag :P
username2899906
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope. Same number of exams, at least for AQA, but triple is 30 mins longer.
CemXx732
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Goldfish4343)
Nope. Same number of exams, at least for AQA, but triple is 30 mins longer.
Well I’m doing AQA GCSE trilogy science and I’m doing 2 exams for Biology,Chemistry and Physics but triple science are doing 3 exams for Biology, Chemistry. That’s what I’ve been told by my teachers so I’m not wrong
username2899906
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well I’m doing AQA GCSE trilogy science and I’m doing 2 exams for Biology,Chemistry and Physics but triple science are doing 3 exams for Biology, Chemistry. That’s what I’ve been told by my teachers so I’m not wrong
Well, your teachers are wrong. Everyone does 2 exams. Triple is 1 hour 45 mins, double is 1 hour 15 mins.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (32)
5.55%
Uncertainty around my education (67)
11.61%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.44%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
13%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.72%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (30)
5.2%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (61)
10.57%
Financial worries (37)
6.41%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (23)
3.99%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.89%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.6%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (57)
9.88%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed