English lit n lang
RE
Math

My choices:
French
Geography
Triple Science
Astronomy

I'm really really determined to do well in my life and i want to become a doctor. I'm planning on taking maths, biology, chemistry and physics for alevel so i have to best possible chance for becoming a doctor and reaching my goals since i want to move to America after becoming a doctor (i know my goals probably sounds kiddish to you but honestly i really want to work hard so i can reach these dreams). So anyway do you have any advice on how to get A's and A*'s a Gcse.
Also , i would really appreciate if you don't just say "your young, live your life, don't worry about it" etc etc because i'm not a person like that.. I like being WELL prepared and no revision would go to waste so please can i have some proper advice..
Thank you x
Hey, I took basically the same GCSEs except astronomy (didn’t even know that was a GCSE) and I achieved 7 A*s, 2 As and a B.

I only took the new spec for English and Maths but I’m warning you that they are much MUCH harder than the old spec so you’ve really got your work cut out for you x

Firstly, you’re only in Year 9. Don’t worry about anything! It all goes downhill from year 11 onwards hahaha....

Anyway, from my personal experience, you don’t have to start revising until Year 11 February half term. I can honestly admit I did nothing up until then and I still got top grades. You probably won’t even remember much of what you learnt in Year 9 by exams anyway lol

Just make sure you go over PPQs as much as possible, especially for triple science. It’s important to get your exam technique to perfection so you can manage your time effectively when it comes to exams. Also it may be worth investing in revision guides early, that way you’ll be more inclined to go over content your unsure of rather than just ignoring it. It’ll save you stress later on!

Your exams have little to no coursework as far as I’m aware so that’s one less thing to worry about.
Original post by Ello32
I just chose my GCSE options (im in year 9):

Compulsory:
English lit n lang
RE
Math

My choices:
French
Geography
Triple Science
Astronomy

I'm really really determined to do well in my life and i want to become a doctor. I'm planning on taking maths, biology, chemistry and physics for alevel so i have to best possible chance for becoming a doctor and reaching my goals since i want to move to America after becoming a doctor (i know my goals probably sounds kiddish to you but honestly i really want to work hard so i can reach these dreams). So anyway do you have any advice on how to get A's and A*'s a Gcse.
Also , i would really appreciate if you don't just say "your young, live your life, don't worry about it" etc etc because i'm not a person like that.. I like being WELL prepared and no revision would go to waste so please can i have some proper advice..
Thank you x

I got 8A* 1A 1B at GCSE I'm currently studying exactly the A-levels you want to do.

Id say for science the best way to revise is to bang out past papers. Especially as you want to go further with your science it really important that not only you are able to get high marks on past papers but also that you actually understand all the concepts as that will give you a big headstart for A-levels.

Anyway good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by memelord888
I got 8A* 1A 1B at GCSE I'm currently studying exactly the A-levels you want to do.

Id say for science the best way to revise is to bang out past papers. Especially as you want to go further with your science it really important that not only you are able to get high marks on past papers but also that you actually understand all the concepts as that will give you a big headstart for A-levels.

Anyway good luck :smile:

Oh woww thats amazing!! Hope i do as good as that! And tysm for the advice
Reply 4
Original post by Megan.louiseee
Hey, I took basically the same GCSEs except astronomy (didn’t even know that was a GCSE) and I achieved 7 A*s, 2 As and a B.

I only took the new spec for English and Maths but I’m warning you that they are much MUCH harder than the old spec so you’ve really got your work cut out for you x

Firstly, you’re only in Year 9. Don’t worry about anything! It all goes downhill from year 11 onwards hahaha....

Anyway, from my personal experience, you don’t have to start revising until Year 11 February half term. I can honestly admit I did nothing up until then and I still got top grades. You probably won’t even remember much of what you learnt in Year 9 by exams anyway lol

Just make sure you go over PPQs as much as possible, especially for triple science. It’s important to get your exam technique to perfection so you can manage your time effectively when it comes to exams. Also it may be worth investing in revision guides early, that way you’ll be more inclined to go over content your unsure of rather than just ignoring it. It’ll save you stress later on!

Your exams have little to no coursework as far as I’m aware so that’s one less thing to worry about.

Yh all of my exams are going to be extra hard when i take them so thats why i wanna be prepared lol n tysm for the tips
I'm in year 11, and right now, DON'T SWEAT AT ALL. Dude you're in year 9, go chill, go to the astro and play footy or something idk what year 9's do. We can hate year 7's together?

You can enter a world full of tight deadlines, piles of homework and stress later. Savour your childhood. Never sacrifice it. Its the one thing that many adults and rich people, who never experienced a good one, wished they had.
I got 10A*s my advice would be to make sure you are persistent in working, start early and build up to the exam. Then make sure you go through every past paper, mark them yourself if you can, and note down the tips/knowledge you need to improve on, and make sure you apply this on your next past paper! Keep asking your teachers for the best exam technique and advice! Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest