The Student Room Group

How much sleep should GCSE students get?

Hi I was just wondering how much sleep GCSE students should get if they want to wake up at 6 am and is it better to revise late at night or early in the morning? I'm trying to write up a revision schedule, thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
7 - 9 and ur calm
so your student level determines how much sleep you need now does it?

just get 7-8 hours and you'll be fine...
I think I read somewhere that people in their early teens should aim to get nine hours of sleep bu tbh getting 7-8 should be fine
Reply 4
Original post by BTAnonymous
so your student level determines how much sleep you need now does it?

just get 7-8 hours and you'll be fine...

Kinda I guess, different age groups need different amounts of sleep and I just thought that the amount of content covered at GCSE would be
different to the amount covered at like A-Level.

Thanks! The majority are answering 7 so I will go with that for now but if I start to feel sleepy then I will go for 8.
Original post by Kiko M
Kinda I guess, different age groups need different amounts of sleep and I just thought that the amount of content covered at GCSE would be
different to the amount covered at like A-Level.

Thanks! The majority are answering 7 so I will go with that for now but if I start to feel sleepy then I will go for 8.

yes, different age groups but not educational level. why would content affect the amount of sleep needed? just do a simple Google search of your age group and you'll find an answer .-.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by BTAnonymous
yes, different age groups but not educational level. why would content affect the amount of sleep needed? just do a simple Google search of your age group and you'll find an answer .-.

I have searched it up on Google but can't trust it since most of them are news articles or 'health websites'. I just thought the answers from here seemed more reliable and more content to cover then more time needed to cover it properly.
7-8 hours . I usually nap when I get home then revise then go to sleep for 10
Well I usually got between 4-6 hours (mainly 4-5 hours) due to GCSE art and procrastination xD
Reply 9
how much revison for gcse do you guys do during the week and weekend i feel like im not doing enough
Reply 10
Original post by OrangeArcher
Well I usually got between 4-6 hours (mainly 4-5 hours) due to GCSE art and procrastination xD

Wow and out of curiousity, did 6 hours make you feel sleep deprived or were you able to function okay?
Original post by Kiko M
Wow and out of curiousity, did 6 hours make you feel sleep deprived or were you able to function okay?

I managed to function fine but I wouldn't recommend it :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by WWEKANE
how much revison for gcse do you guys do during the week and weekend i feel like im not doing enough

During weekdays I get home at around 4 pm and if I have no where to be e.g. shopping or parties then I study till 12/1 am but of course this includes a lot of procastination. During the weekend it's the same but I start revision earlier.

I'm trying to make a better schedule since this one sucks, need more sleep and need to cover different subjects ..
Write all your notes then revise night before. Sleep is irreverent, just get what you can and you'll be fine
Reply 14
I managed to function fine but I wouldn't recommend it :smile:

Lmao I'm going to try it, if I don't function well then I'll just add another hour of sleep haha thanks!
Original post by Kiko M
Lmao I'm going to try it, if I don't function well then I'll just add another hour of sleep haha thanks!

It's not a good idea, just gonna warn you.
Reply 16
It's not a good idea, just gonna warn you.

Oki XD I might get used to it, I used to sleep at 4 am every day but that was when I would watch movies and such
I'd say 8 hours
Whether morning or night revision is good depends on you
Try both and see which fits
I'm not a morning person so night revision is best for me but it's easy to slip into revising until it's 12am-1am which isn't good
Original post by Kiko M
Hi I was just wondering how much sleep GCSE students should get if they want to wake up at 6 am and is it better to revise late at night or early in the morning? I'm trying to write up a revision schedule, thanks!

regardless, quality and quantity will always be greater than university
Damn then, I really am sleep deprived. I sleep around 4- 5 1/2 hours on average...procrastinating hard and having to get up at 5:45 really sucks :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest