The Student Room Group

Neuroscience MSc/MRes-2018 Applications

I have just submitted my applications for a masters programme in neuroscience at oxford, cambridge and UCL. Just wanted to to know if anyone has has submitted their applications and heard anything back. Or anyone who has applied for these unis in previous years, your experience will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BTG1234
I have just submitted my applications for a masters programme in neuroscience at oxford, cambridge and UCL. Just wanted to to know if anyone has has submitted their applications and heard anything back. Or anyone who has applied for these unis in previous years, your experience will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Moved to the postgrad forum. You may want to check out these threads as well :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4839450
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4839452
Reply 2
Thank you.
Reply 3
If anyone has applied to other universities or the same ones as me for masters in neuroscience, i would really like to know if you have received anything back
Hey there! I'm an American second-bachelor's degree student (and career-changing nontraditional student). I submitted my app for the MSc in Neuroscience on January 4th. Nothing but confirmation that everything is in so far, but good luck to you and I will let you know if I hear anything!
Reply 5
Original post by heathergee
Hey there! I'm an American second-bachelor's degree student (and career-changing nontraditional student). I submitted my app for the MSc in Neuroscience on January 4th. Nothing but confirmation that everything is in so far, but good luck to you and I will let you know if I hear anything!

Which uni have you applied to? and yes definitely let me know, good luck!!!
Original post by BTG1234
Which uni have you applied to? and yes definitely let me know, good luck!!!

Only to Oxford (and two American PhD programs, but I'd rather take Oxford). Fingers crossed for both of us! :beer:
(edited 6 years ago)
Hello! I've applied to and am waiting to hear back from Oxford (MSc in neuroscience) and Imperial (Biomedical Engineering - Neurotechnology).
Recently got an offer to do the Dual Masters in Brain and Mind Sciences at UCL!
Let me know if you guys hear back from Oxford because I'm constantly refreshing my emails!
Reply 8
Wow congratulations. Still haven’t heard anything back from oxford and literally submitted my neuroscience application for imperial an hour ago. What was the time frame from you applying to ucl and getting an offer. Mine has been stuck on “application under assessment” for a month now
Reply 9
Original post by bruskidoodle
Hello! I've applied to and am waiting to hear back from Oxford (MSc in neuroscience) and Imperial (Biomedical Engineering - Neurotechnology).
Recently got an offer to do the Dual Masters in Brain and Mind Sciences at UCL!
Let me know if you guys hear back from Oxford because I'm constantly refreshing my emails!

Wow congratulations. Still haven’t heard anything back from oxford and literally submitted my neuroscience application for imperial an hour ago. What was the time frame from you applying to ucl and getting an offer. Mine has been stuck on “application under assessment” for a month now
Original post by BTG1234

Thanks man! The whole Oxford thing is stressful, I have friends who have already been accepted (but for other courses). I think we should be hearing back next week about the shortlist, since they just finished interviewing the 1+3 students on Friday (and they're obviously priority).

As for UCL, portico still hasn't updated my status, although someone from the course admissions sent me an email saying that I got in. It took around 3-4 weeks from when my last references were received.

What did you apply to at imperial? Translational neuro?
Reply 11
Thanks man! The whole Oxford thing is stressful, I have friends who have already been accepted (but for other courses). I think we should be hearing back next week about the shortlist, since they just finished interviewing the 1+3 students on Friday (and they're obviously priority).

As for UCL, portico still hasn't updated my status, although someone from the course admissions sent me an email saying that I got in. It took around 3-4 weeks from when my last references were received.

What did you apply to at imperial? Translational neuro?

Ahh i see. Didn’t know that. Lol that’s made me more nervous now. If I don’t hear anything by next week I’m going to give up hope. But then again I wasn’t really expecting Oxford to give me a place, was more of a ‘might as well apply’.

I’m really worried about ucl. That was the main uni I wanted to get into and I still haven’t heard anything and a lot of people have been getting offers but let’s see I guess, if it’s not meant to be then there’s no point worrying about it
For imperial I’ve applied for mres experimental neuroscience
Original post by BTG1234
Ahh i see. Didn’t know that. Lol that’s made me more nervous now. If I don’t hear anything by next week I’m going to give up hope. But then again I wasn’t really expecting Oxford to give me a place, was more of a ‘might as well apply’.

I’m really worried about ucl. That was the main uni I wanted to get into and I still haven’t heard anything and a lot of people have been getting offers but let’s see I guess, if it’s not meant to be then there’s no point worrying about it
For imperial I’ve applied for mres experimental neuroscience

Sorry man, I definitely wasn't trying to make you more nervous! My friend who got into oxford still didn't hear back from UCL, so I guess it's just random. We will keep each other updated about Oxford so we know haha, but I think next week will be when they notify us.

Honestly don't sweat it, just sit tight and you'll be alright!
Has anyone heard back yet?
Reply 14

Nothing yet. How about you? I’m going to wait this week and if I hear nothing I’m going to send some emails to all the universities I’ve applied for

Nothing here yet, either, but if Oxford just finished up with the 1+3 PhD student interviews on Friday (and they're obviously priority), then we still have at least a few days.

I also found a blog that was a few years old somewhere and the author said it was 4.5 weeks before she heard anything back. Interview and acceptance went pretty quickly from there, so hopefully not *too* much more waiting to be done.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by BTG1234
Nothing yet. How about you? I’m going to wait this week and if I hear nothing I’m going to send some emails to all the universities I’ve applied for

Nothing yet but I hope by the end of the week 🙏🏼
Original post by heathergee
Nothing here yet, either, but if Oxford just finished up with the 1+3 PhD student interviews on Friday (and they're obviously priority), then we still have at least a few days.

I also found a blog that was a few years old somewhere and the author said it was 4.5 weeks before she heard anything back. Interview and acceptance went pretty quickly from there, so hopefully not *too* much more waiting to be done.

Yeah you're right. That's some cool info though, do you think you could share the link to the blog by any chance? Would really appreciate it!
I'm having a hard time finding that post, but this one was really helpful as an overview of the whole process: https://nonfrustravixi.wordpress.com/2013/08/08/getting-a-place-on-a-masters-at-oxford/

I did notice just now as I searched that for every post I could find from folks who applied for the January deadline and got an interview, the posting date was around the first week of February, which seems to anecdotally support the post I can't find.
Haha ok then, well I guess only a few days left then!! Thank for the link! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending