The Student Room Group

Help me choose my firm and insurance !!! Neuroscience

Hi I'm struggling to choose which university to go with from my offers and I would love to hear some opinions! I'm applying for a mix of MSci and BSc

Birmingham AAA BSc
Cardiff AAA MSci
Leeds AAB BSc
Nottingham AAB MSci
Keele ABB/Unconditional first BSc

Also I'm doing the welsh baccalaureate and I only know that Birmingham, Cardiff and Nottingham accept it as a substitute for an a level! I got a distinction last year so it would make a difference!
I'm not sure if I can meet the grades, though I'm working at them, do you think choosing Keele over risking it for a Russell group would be a good idea?

Any comments would help!! Thank you :biggrin:
Original post by cariaislinn
Hi I'm struggling to choose which university to go with from my offers and I would love to hear some opinions! I'm applying for a mix of MSci and BSc

Birmingham AAA BSc
Cardiff AAA MSci
Leeds AAB BSc
Nottingham AAB MSci

Also I'm doing the welsh baccalaureate and I only know that Birmingham, Cardiff and Nottingham accept it as a substitute for an a level! I got a distinction last year so it would make a difference!
I'm not sure if I can meet the grades, though I'm working at them, do you think choosing Keele over risking it for a Russell group would be a good idea?

Forget the grades - which is your favourite?

You've got until May to decide this so take your time and visit again if you need to.
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Forget the grades - which is your favourite?

You've got until May to decide this so take your time and visit again if you need to.

I really like Nottingham and Leeds, and the course in Keele is really good but it's not as prestigious?

Birmingham AAA BSc
Cardiff AAA MSci
Leeds AAB BSc
Nottingham AAB MSci

When you say Keele is 'Unconditional first' do you mean 'unconditional if firm'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really like Nottingham and Leeds, and the course in Keele is really good but it's not as prestigious?

Well it sounds like Nottingham or Leeds should be your firm - Keele will make a good insurance if you like them (and if they're making unconditional if firmed offers then they're likely to take well below ABB (even as your insurance))

Edit: Keele guarantee accommodation for insurance students too so definitely a good option
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Well it sounds like Nottingham or Leeds should be your firm - Keele will make a good insurance if you like them (and if they're making unconditional if firmed offers then they're likely to take well below ABB (even as your insurance))

Edit: Keele guarantee accommodation for insurance students too so definitely a good option

Ah thank you! I didn't know that :biggrin:
Ah thank you! I didn't know that :biggrin:

https://www.keele.ac.uk/media/keeleuniversity/estatesdevelopment/accommodation/booklets/Living%20at%20Keele%20Brochure%202017-18.pdf

It might not be halls but they guarantee somewhere to live (as long as you apply by the May 31 deadline)
"We prioritise all new full time students and international students for campus accommodation. We guarantee that if we’re unable to offer you a campus bedroom then we will place you in off campus accommodation with other new students and give you a free bus pass"
Reply 7
Original post by ageshallnot
When you say Keele is 'Unconditional first' do you mean 'unconditional if firm'?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah :smile:

The average intake grades year before last were BCC
https://university.which.co.uk/keele-university-k12/neuroscience-3-years-9250-b141

They'll make a brilliant insurance choice....which just means you need to pick between leeds and nottingham. Have you visited both? If not how about arranging a road trip and some overnight stays around half term?

In that case follow PQ's advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PQ
The average intake grades year before last were BCC
https://university.which.co.uk/keele-university-k12/neuroscience-3-years-9250-b141

They'll make a brilliant insurance choice....which just means you need to pick between leeds and nottingham. Have you visited both? If not how about arranging a road trip and some overnight stays around half term?

I've visited both, I think I need to mull it over - thank you for your help :smile:
I've visited both, I think I need to mull it over - thank you for your help :smile:

road trip!!!!

If you contact most student unions or the neuroscience society at the SU they might be able to put you in contact with a current student who can give you a personal tour and help you see a bit more about the student life side (as well as the warts and all info about the course).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending