The Student Room Group

Would you rather give up salt or pepper?

Poll

Would you rather give up salt or pepper?

Just had avocado toast with loads of black pepper and it was delicious. But the thought of having chips without salt is just painful...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fox Corner

Just had avocado toast with loads of black pepper and it was delicious. But the thought of having chips without salt is just painful...

Definitely pepper

Posted from TSR Mobile
pepper

Pepper.
If you would rather give up salt then what are you even doing with your life?
I would genuinely give up salt, pepper is quite flavoursome salt has a lot of negative health effects and there's a billion and one other spices out there...

you can always make a salt-free spice mixture for your chips/ whatever else
Salt. I practically never put salt on my food anyway, whereas I tend to cook with a lot of black pepper. Ketchup on chips is way better than salt anyway.
Pepper - I don't tend to put pepper on things but I do use salt a lot when cooking
Pepper because I don't like it anyway.
Pepper

I literally don't put extra salt on anything just what it was orginally cooked with whereas I sprinkle pepper over nearly everything
:biggrin:

So take away my salt please :tongue:
your body needs salt to survive, it doesn't need pepper.

plus I don't really like pepper anyway
Reply 12
Are we talking about salt as a condiment or as an ingredient as well? Because if it's the latter I'm definitely giving up pepper. Unsalted butter is super not worth it.
Reply 13
I think this was the hardest decision of my life but alas it must be pepper. Unsalted food would be horrifically bland.
I’d rather give up pepper, salt-free fries are awful and pointless 😷
I voted pepper but I regret my choice as there are so many other flavoursome seasonings that could be used as subsititute
Reply 16
I don't really like either of them.
To me, salt just takes away the flavour of food that you put it on, and I tried pepper a few years ago, and didn't like it
Reply 17
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Salt. I practically never put salt on my food anyway, whereas I tend to cook with a lot of black pepper. Ketchup on chips is way better than salt anyway.

I agree with all of it. Vinegar on chips with tomato sauce is just excellent.
(edited 6 years ago)

Pepper.
Bye bye PEPPER

Quick Reply

Latest