The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Southampton Solent Applicants 2018

Hey everyone!!

Thought I'd make a thread for potential Southampton Solent uni applicants so people can potentially get to know each other. Just reply like-

Name: Zoë
Course: Film Production
Predicted Grades: D*D*D*
Also applying to: Falmouth, Lincoln and Portsmouth

Update!!! I've been offered an unconditional offer, where's everyone else in terms of offers and other universities?

Further update!!! Firmly accepted my offer, ur looking at a 2018 SSU student 😜

I've made a Southampton Solent chat on Facebook if anyone wants to be added to it let me know!
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Name: Luke
Course: Applied Human Nutrition
Predicted Grades: D* Distinction C
Also applying: Northumbria, Sheffield Hallam, Bath Spa, St Mary's Twickenham
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Name: Emily-Jane
Course: Journalism
Predicted Grades: BCB
Also applying to Bristol, Falmouth, Liverpool and Northampton
Got an unconditional offer too :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Name: Imran Mahmood
Course: HND Business and Marketing
Predicted grades: DMM
Also applying to Coventry, London South Bank, and Worcester
Name: Lewis Holman
Course: Sport Journalism
Predicted grades: D*D*D*
Also applying: Gloucester, UCFB Wembley, Liverpool John Moores

Nice to meet you!
(edited 6 years ago)
Congrats Zoe on your unconditional offer! Just sent my application off yesterday, hopefully I get a unconditional offer too!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by LewisHols
Congrats Zoe on your unconditional offer! Just sent my application off yesterday, hopefully I get a unconditional offer too!

Thank you so much!!! Good luck! ☺️
Name: Carla Garcia
Course: Fashion Media
Predicted grades: I'm taking the IB so the grading system is different
Also applying: Nottingham Trent, Central Saint Martins, London College of Fashion and Middlesex
Ps. Congrats Zoe on your unconditional offer! I got a conditional so hopefully I'll get the grade.
(edited 6 years ago)
Congratulations to everyone who's received offers so far!

If you want to speak to a current student to find out more about your course let me know and I can put you in touch with someone! :smile:

Mike :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Name: Harry
Course: Applied Sport Science
Predicted Grades: D*DD
Also Applied to Liverpool
Offer: Unconditional
P.S Congrats Zoe
(edited 6 years ago)
Name: Zuki
Course: Film and Television
Predicted Grades: AAB
Also applying to: York, Sussex, Bournemouth, Bath Spa
Name: Olivia
Course: Foundation Year in Makeup and Hair Desgin.
Predicted Grades: PASS (my course is only a pass or fail!)
Also applying to: Bournemouth, Luton.

Good Luck to everyone, I got an uncondtional offer also and hope you all get what you are hoping for.
Also is there group chat for people who are going to be living at Southampton and has anyone decided on accomodation ect?

See you in September!
Original post by oliviaoneillxx

Good Luck to everyone, I got an uncondtional offer also and hope you all get what you are hoping for.
Also is there group chat for people who are going to be living at Southampton and has anyone decided on accomodation ect?

See you in September!

I haven't found a group chat yet, I do know there is an app called Campus where you put what university you're going to and what course and it links you to others who are doing the same. The app seems pretty dead though and slightly unreliable to if the people are actually on your course or not.
As for accommodation I'm currently deciding between Deanery or Hamwic. I know we have to apply for acc in March so there's still a while before people make choices :smile:
Original post by guacamolee
I haven't found a group chat yet, I do know there is an app called Campus where you put what university you're going to and what course and it links you to others who are doing the same. The app seems pretty dead though and slightly unreliable to if the people are actually on your course or not.
As for accommodation I'm currently deciding between Deanery or Hamwic. I know we have to apply for acc in March so there's still a while before people make choices :smile:

Oh thank you, yeah I’m looking at Deanery as well and another on I can’t remember. Are you part of the UCAS Applicants page on Fb? X
Oh thank you, yeah I’m looking at Deanery as well and another on I can’t remember. Are you part of the UCAS Applicants page on Fb? X

I didn't realise there was one but I'll have to have a look! Is it specifically for Southampton Solent?x
Name: Charlotte
Course: Psychology (Forensic and Psychopathology MSc (Hons))
Predicted Grades: DMM
Also applying to: Southampton, Winchester, Portsmouth

I have received an unconditional offer from Solent and have firmly accepted it! :smile:)

See you in September!

Congrats on your unconditional offer!! I think they start with the group chats in the summer and as for accomodation, I'm currently looking at Chantry and Kimber :smile:
Reply 17
Name: Melissa
Course: Television Studio Production
Predicted Grades: Dist, Merit, C
Also applying to: UCA, Bournemouth, Plymouth, Salford

I’d love to be added to the group Facebook chat. I had an interview for Solent on Tuesday and am now just waiting for the reply, I think I’ve turned into a UCAS addict during the week waiting! 😂 If I get in it’s definitely going to be my firm choice!
(edited 6 years ago)
I’d love to be added please!😊
Hey everyone!!

Thought I'd make a thread for potential Southampton Solent uni applicants so people can potentially get to know each other. Just reply like-

Name: Zoë
Course: Film Production
Predicted Grades: D*D*D*
Also applying to: Falmouth, Lincoln and Portsmouth

Update!!! I've been offered an unconditional offer, where's everyone else in terms of offers and other universities?

Further update!!! Firmly accepted my offer, ur looking at a 2018 SSU student 😜

I've made a Southampton Solent chat on Facebook if anyone wants to be added to it let me know!

Hi Zoe, I was wondering if you've been asked to send the uni a copy of your GCSE's? I have but haven't heard anything further from the uni about who to send it to etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending