The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

HKU-UCL Dual Degree in Law

fferAnyone here that applied for the HKU-UCL Dual Degree in Law? I just wanted to get to know all of you and see what I'm up against. :smile:

Did you apply through HKU or UCAS?
IB Predicted?
Other offers?

My answers:
- Applied through HKU
- IB Predicted 40
- Offers from Leeds and Nottingham
(edited 6 years ago)
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and gets back to you :h:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by theabbieleung
Anyone here that applied for the HKU-UCL Dual Degree in Law? I just wanted to get to know all of you and see what I'm up against. :smile:

IB Predicted?
Other offers?

My answers:
- Applied through HKU
- IB Predicted 40
- No other offers yet! I submitted in December tho, so I'm probably being considered with everyone who submitted on Jan 15.

Did you apply through HKU or UCAS? - HKU
IB Predicted? - 44
Other offers? - Durham, University of York, KCL, HKU (LLB)

One of my friends got an offer for interview! So perhaps decisions are going to come out soon?
Original post by hihinicolehere
IB Predicted? - 44

One of my friends got an offer for interview! So perhaps decisions are going to come out soon?

Hello! Congrats on such a high predicted, as well as all your offers! I've only heard back from Leeds so far, and all this waiting is making me anxious. When did you submit your HKU app?
Reply 4
Hello! Congrats on such a high predicted, as well as all your offers! I've only heard back from Leeds so far, and all this waiting is making me anxious. When did you submit your HKU app?

Thank you! I submitted my HKU application on November 12th and I just completed an interview for them on Jan 8th. I'm still waiting on news regarding the dual degree though...have you heard back by any chance?
Thank you! I submitted my HKU application on November 12th and I just completed an interview for them on Jan 8th. I'm still waiting on news regarding the dual degree though...have you heard back by any chance?

ahhhh I submitted my HKU app around that time too, but I never received any news or invitation to interview. I'm hoping that the decision comes out tomorrow though since HKU did say that they would get back in January. I haven't heard back on the dual degree either... Hopefully, no news is still good news? Fingers crossed!
IB Predicted? - 44

What was your friend's interview like if he/she had it already? Was it a general one (why did you choose this programme etc.) or was it a case study?

Also, out of curiosity, what subjects do you take?
Reply 7
She hasn't attended it yet! However I'll be sure to give some pointers once she does!

I take HL English A: Lang lit, HL Geo and HL Chinese BHL. For SL, I take Math, Chem and French B
If you don't mind me asking, what was your friend's predicted? I know there are only 5 spaces for local students to join the programme so I'm guessing you have to be getting IB45 (or 44) or full marks in DSE to be chosen, which is sad because that means I won't be getting a chance :'(
Original post by newbie911
If you don't mind me asking, what was your friend's predicted? I know there are only 5 spaces for local students to join the programme so I'm guessing you have to be getting IB45 (or 44) or full marks in DSE to be chosen, which is sad because that means I won't be getting a chance :'(

I feel you... but it's still worth holding onto that small chance! What are your predicteds, if you don't mind me asking? And what other schools did you apply to, and have you heard back from any of them?
I feel you... but it's still worth holding onto that small chance! What are your predicteds, if you don't mind me asking? And what other schools did you apply to, and have you heard back from any of them?

I'm predicted 43/45 for the IB and I applied for both UK and HK universities:
UK: Cambridge, LSE, KCL, KCL+CUHK (dual programme), Manchester
HK: HKU, CUHK, CityU

Offers from Manchester, HKU, CUHK
Rejected from Cambridge and LSE :/
Not heard back from CityU, KCL and KCL+CUHK
Has anyone gotten decisions yet?
fferAnyone here that applied for the HKU-UCL Dual Degree in Law? I just wanted to get to know all of you and see what I'm up against. :smile:

IB Predicted?
Other offers?

My answers:
- Applied through HKU
- IB Predicted 40
- Offers from Leeds and Nottingham

OMFG I'm also waiting for this one TAT

-I applied through UCAS (UCL-HKU/ KCL-CUHK/ SOAS/ QMUL/ MANCHESTER)
-A levels predicted: A* in Japanese, Chinese; A in Economics, History and Accounting
-LNAT: 26/42
-IELTS: 8.5/9
-Offers: QMUL, SOAS, Manchester (All exclude Japanese since that's my first language); Had an interview with KCL-CUHK program last week. Haven't hear back from UCL and KCL yet.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm predicted 43/45 for the IB and I applied for both UK and HK universities:
UK: Cambridge, LSE, KCL, KCL+CUHK (dual programme), Manchester
HK: HKU, CUHK, CityU

Offers from Manchester, HKU, CUHK
Rejected from Cambridge and LSE :/
Not heard back from CityU, KCL and KCL+CUHK

Did you have an interview on the KCL-CUHK course?
Original post by Ricky kf
My son applied through UCAS.DSE Predicted? - 5**, 5**, 5**, 5**, 5*, 5*Lnat scores - 27Other offers? - Durham, KCLGot offer on 15 Feb

You mean your son got an offer on the UCL-HKU course!? Congrats😊😊😊
Original post by akirachen1003
Did you have an interview on the KCL-CUHK course?

Unfortunately no :/ How was yours? What type of questions did they ask - was it like a case study or were they general questions?
Unfortunately no :/ How was yours? What type of questions did they ask - was it like a case study or were they general questions?

It was quite general tbh, I was asked like what I think justice is and why i want to apply for this program. Interesting enough they asked me at the end would I value this course over Oxford Law. They also asked about my background since I was educated in 4 countries before.
Reply 17

Hi, sorry for taking so long to reply. My friend's predicted a 45 and I think she just received an offer for this programme! I think if you haven't heard by now, chances are low that you'll get in. And I'm pretty sure they only offered interviews to 45ers since there are only 5 spots for the programme (if you apply through HKU).
Anyone applied for this program for 2019 intake? I have 43 in the IB achieved and just sat the LNAT this week. Those who are in the program, any comments you can give on my chances? I'm applying throuch UCAS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending