The Student Room Group

which uni would you choose? unconditional offers

I have an unconditional offer to study accounting and finance with Nottingham Trent, Bristol West of England and Portsmouth. Coventry uni gave me a conditional offer but said it would be changed to unconditional once I scan over my results. I'm planning on doing 4 years and spending one year abroad

Which uni would you choose and why?
Original post by izzy000
I have an unconditional offer to study accounting and finance with Nottingham Trent, Bristol West of England and Portsmouth. Coventry uni gave me a conditional offer but said it would be changed to unconditional once I scan over my results. I'm planning on doing 4 years and spending one year abroad

Have you had a chance to visit any of the unis? I would also consider the distance from home. Mine was about 3.5- 4 hours from home and that was bad enough. (I only did this at the end of term)

Are the modules all the same? The same course title doesn't mean the course will be the same.
Reply 2
Original post by Tiger Rag
Have you had a chance to visit any of the unis? I would also consider the distance from home. Mine was about 3.5- 4 hours from home and that was bad enough. (I only did this at the end of term)

Are the modules all the same? The same course title doesn't mean the course will be the same.

I've not visited any yet. I attended the open days for other unis and couldnt visit some.due to work. distance is not a big issue to me because I drive and I will be living in my uni town.

looked at the different modules and I am generally happy with nottingham trent. they also offer a forensic accounting module which I will definetly be picking as well
Original post by izzy000

Hi Izzy

Congratulations on your offers!

Firstly it's important to say that you have plenty of time to decide so no need to rush with your decision.

Make sure you do plenty of research as @Tiger Rag suggested into things such as the modules as well as things such as the facilities, the city that you could be living in and also accommodation.

Use the offer holder days that are in place in order to make an informed decision - sometimes you will just get a 'feeling' that it is the right university for you.

We are proud of our accounting and finance course at NTU and this is also shared by our students who gave it a 100% satisfaction rate about the quality of the course. In addition to this 100% of our undergraduates were in employment, or further study, just six months after graduating from NTU.

We were of course also named the University of the Year in the recent Times Higher Education awards :smile:

I hope this helps but as I say, you have plenty of time to decide so make sure it is an informed decision!

Chris

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending