The Student Room Group

How to get back into ab excercises?

I used to love doing ab exercises and I managed to do them so easily but maybe it's been over a year since I haven't been consistent and now my belly has really grown and I find it so difficult to do ab exercises.

Any tips?!
maybe check out some YouTube videos for beginners to ease yourself back in? Or look into yoga as it’s so good for the core!
You're not going to shrink your stomach just by working your abs.
Reply 3
Original post by It's****ingWOODY
You're not going to shrink your stomach just by working your abs.

Obviously, I've been working out my entire body but I have neglected ab exercises.
I get really bad backpain when I do abs, does anyone know ways I can do ab excercises without causing pain onto my lower back? it also clicks when I do leg raises?
Reply 5
When I have gone a long break without working out, I will lower the weights I use by 10 kilos. Assuming you're using weights, I would just do something similar to that and slowly work back to where you were.
Easiest way is add a quick ab circuit at the end of your normal workout. Doesn't have to be too long or too intense, but it will eventually all add up and you'll see difference without feeling like you're on the mats for 40 minutes everyday.
Reply 7
Original post by siskagreene
Easiest way is add a quick ab circuit at the end of your normal workout. Doesn't have to be too long or too intense, but it will eventually all add up and you'll see difference without feeling like you're on the mats for 40 minutes everyday.

That sounds reasonable like 5-10mins or so

Quick Reply