Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway, University of London applicants chat and FAQ 2018

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sop234
Hi,
I'm interested in the BA drama and music course, but I was wondering is it really difficult to manage rehearsals/lectures being at the same same time and having lots of written work for two subjects as well?

Hi Sop,

It's great to hear you're interested in the Drama and Music course! As the course is a joint subject, classes, lectures, and deadlines do tend to be coordinated between both departments to make sure there aren't any major clashes to make this as smooth as possible for you.

If you're interested in chatting to some of our current students, you can do so on our website! Lewis is a Music student, and Isabella is currently studying a joint degree of English and Drama, so they might be worth chatting to about how they find the workload, and what the courses are like?

I hope that helps, but if you have any more questions just let me know!

:smile: Summer
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Hi, I’ll be studying Computer Science with Information Security this September and I can’t wait! RHUL was the first open day I went to, and I loved it so much, I didn’t want to see anywhere else (I did, but there was no need). The lecturers were enthusiastic, personal, and the campus was homely and beautiful! I can’t wait to be studying here this year, and I’d love to talk to anyone on the same, or similar course!

I’ve been training in karate for 8 years now, but would like to try my hand in a new martial art when I come to uni- any recommendations? :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by DeannaChloe
Hi, I’ll be studying Computer Science with Information Security this September and I can’t wait! RHUL was the first open day I went to, and I loved it so much, I didn’t want to see anywhere else (I did, but there was no need). The lecturers were enthusiastic, personal, and the campus was homely and beautiful! I can’t wait to be studying here this year, and I’d love to talk to anyone on the same, or similar course!

I’ve been training in karate for 8 years now, but would like to try my hand in a new martial art when I come to uni- any recommendations? :smile:

I've applied to study Computer Science at RHUL as well - it was the first open day I went to as well and the students there spoke really highly of the course! The campus was amazing and the lecturer was enthusiastic as you said; really hoping I get in! Did you get an unconditional?

Afraid I can't help with the martial arts recommendation though :biggrin:
Original post by JJWood
I've applied to study Computer Science at RHUL as well - it was the first open day I went to as well and the students there spoke really highly of the course! The campus was amazing and the lecturer was enthusiastic as you said; really hoping I get in! Did you get an unconditional?

Afraid I can't help with the martial arts recommendation though :biggrin:

Hi! Good luck!

Yes! I was lucky enough to get an unconditional, but even though I applied quite early on, it took about a week to get a reply, so if you haven’t heard yet, I wouldn’t worry! 😁
Reply 84
Hi! Good luck!

Yes! I was lucky enough to get an unconditional, but even though I applied quite early on, it took about a week to get a reply, so if you haven’t heard yet, I wouldn’t worry! 😁

Thank you!

That's great, congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what are/were your predicted grades?

Ah yeah, thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 85
My track says I have an offer from Royal Holloway but when I log into Royal Holloway direct it only says that my application has been received (and I haven’t received any conformtation email regarding my offer). Should I be worried?
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by lmin88
My track says I have an offer from Royal Holloway but when I log into Royal Holloway direct it only says that my application has been received (and I haven’t received any confrontation email regarding my offer). Should I be worried?

How long has it been? Mine took a while to actually come through. Congrats on the offer! :smile:
Reply 87
How long has it been? Mine took a while to actually come through. Congrats on the offer! :smile:

I just got a status notification email from UCAS, still nothing about an offer on Royal Holloway Direct though. It’s only been a couple hours, I know I’m literally stressing out over nothing ahahaha.

Thanks, you too! What course did you apply for?
Original post by lmin88
I just got a status notification email from UCAS, still nothing about an offer on Royal Holloway Direct though. It’s only been a couple hours, I know I’m literally stressing out over nothing ahahaha.

Thanks, you too! What course did you apply for?

You should get an email shortly, I wouldn’t worry :smile:

Thanks! Computer Science with Information Security! How about you?
Reply 89
Business and Management
Hi,

It's great to meet you all!

I've applied for psychology, clinical psychology, and mental health. I've now been to the open and applicant days, and they were really fun... I think that Founder's building is amazing and the new Library is awesome...

Can't wait to come and study here... Really excited about Fresher's week!!!
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hello! :wavey:

This is a thread for all applicants thinking of studying at Royal Holloway in 2018. Feel free to ask any questions, or just to introduce yourself.

Here are some questions to get you started:

What course will you be applying for?
How are you feeling about starting uni?
Have you got any Open Days planned, or have you already been to an Open Day? (Bonus points if you managed to get some great pictures of campus!)

I'm applying for Computer Science (BSc) with a year in industry. I went to the applicant day yesterday and I love it, i even met a girl who gave up an offer at Cambridge for it?! Leeds will struggle to compete.... It's made me give up on Lancaster. Haha the only photo i took was for my snapchat and that was the entrance which had the founders building in it. Another plus is how cheap the gym membership is :biggrin: Also the Tuke Halls are awesome.
(edited 6 years ago)

Yeah the lecturers were awesome, they seem better than the ones at Southampton tbh, they seem more layed back and also have a better sense of humour. I would recommend joining there MMA society although don't listen to me too much as i ain't that experienced with martial arts haha
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 93
Original post by Ryanthom100
Yeah the lecturers were awesome, they seem better than the ones at Southampton tbh, they seem more layed back and also have a better sense of humour

I've also applied to study Computer Science and I 100% agree with this - really hope I get an offer as Royal Holloway is my top choice!
Original post by JJWood
I've also applied to study Computer Science and I 100% agree with this - really hope I get an offer as Royal Holloway is my top choice!

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 95
Good luck! :biggrin:

Thanks! You too! :biggrin:
Yeah the lecturers were awesome, they seem better than the ones at Southampton tbh, they seem more layed back and also have a better sense of humour. I would recommend joining there MMA society although don't listen to me too much as i ain't that experienced with martial arts haha

Ooh okay thanks! I’ll look into it when I get there! It was either that or Ninjitsu.
Ooh okay thanks! I’ll look into it when I get there! It was either that or Ninjitsu.

Np :biggrin:
Reply 98
Anyone taking Comparative Literature and Culture??
Reply 99
YES! Just got an offer to study Computer Science! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending