The Student Room Group

Asking someone out at work

I went to the opticians the other day and was seen by a really nice and beautiful girl. We chatted a lot during the appointment and had a couple of laughs. I'm going back in for a follow up appointment and want to ask her out. Obviously she is in work so I don't want to put her in an awkward position and make her feel uncomfortable. Is there a way I can ask her out without coming off like a creepy customer? Any girls opinions will be most valuable
Original post by Lukef430
I went to the opticians the other day and was seen by a really nice and beautiful girl. We chatted a lot during the appointment and had a couple of laughs. I'm going back in for a follow up appointment and want to ask her out. Obviously she is in work so I don't want to put her in an awkward position and make her feel uncomfortable. Is there a way I can ask her out without coming off like a creepy customer? Any girls opinions will be most valuable

Omg haha!. I see most customers acknowledging a girls beauty during work hours. Don’t comment anything pretty or stuff like that she’ll be happy but you’ll still be remained as a nice customer. The best thing to do is write a note 📝 and put it to the side she sits and say it’s ‘my dental stuff’ or wait for her working hours to be finished, if you’re that serious and be like hey , I know it’s so sudden, but I just don’t want to lose you! Will you have just one date with me ?’
Wouldn't leave a note, personally, lacks in confidence. I'd go for your next appointment and then only if it's your LAST appointment, simply ask her at the end if she'd fancy going for a drink sometime. Do not do it if it's not your last appointment, because, you know, awkward. Just be straight and up front, do it at the end of the appointment.
Reply 3
Original post by PlayWithMarkers
Wouldn't leave a note, personally, lacks in confidence. I'd go for your next appointment and then only if it's your LAST appointment, simply ask her at the end if she'd fancy going for a drink sometime. Do not do it if it's not your last appointment, because, you know, awkward. Just be straight and up front, do it at the end of the appointment.

Thanks that seems like great advice, it will be the last appointment so I'll have a crack at it :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending