The Student Room Group

Year 11 2018 Mock Results...Yayyyy....

Anyone got mock results back, like for sciences and stuff, so we can just compare and give each other moral support :smile::smile::smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
science combined - 5 maths - 4 English language paper 2 - 6
(edited 6 years ago)
Triple science; 8 physics 8 chem 6 bio
Original post by sapah
Anyone got mock results back, like for sciences and stuff, so we can just compare and give each other moral support :smile::smile::smile:

maths: 8
physics: 7
geography: 7
computer science: 7
chemistry: 6
french: 6
biology: 5
english language: 5 (one mark of a 6)
english literature: 4
history: 4 (sort of forgot to revise for history until the night before - i don't normally do that)
Original post by Baza2002
history: 4 (sort of forgot to revise for history until the night before - i don't normally do that)

english is definitely more difficult, due to you having to know the structure and depth of analysis needed. Where as other subjects, eg history, are simply about recalling known facts/information.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
physics: 8
geography: 9
German: 7 (1 mark off an 8)
chemistry: 9
biology: 8
english language: 7
english literature: 8
history: 7 (1 mark off a 8)
r.e: 7 (1 mark off an 8)
Original post by tobynorth_
Yh finding english hard myself :frown:

Most subjects (science, history etc) are just about remembering information and a bit of answer structure. Where as I find english so much more difficult and worrying, as you have to analyse the text in the exam - as well as writing your answer. As well as this you hardly have enough time to do it!

With english im not good at analysing text. the stuff you need to write to get good marks is like: 'he used a comma here because...' or 'he used the word 'and' because'
he used the word and so the sentence makes sense, not to change the whole meaning of the novel or poem or whatever.
with 'story' writing or whatever it is called - it's a load of ****. 'and wind attacked me, pinching my skin and biting my face'. Really... Really...
i can't write things that make the work look ****ing stupid, even if writing it gets me the marks
I hate english...(as you can probably tell)
English language - 5
English literature - 7
Maths - 7
biology - 7
chemistry - 7
physics - 7
Geography - 6
history - 7
Spanish - 4
I screwed up so badly in Geography, Spanish and English language.
Does anyone have any tips for either of them?
Original post by nio.m
physics: 8
geography: 9
German: 7 (1 mark off an 8)
chemistry: 9
biology: 8
english language: 7
english literature: 8
history: 7 (1 mark off a 8)
r.e: 7 (1 mark off an 8)

Wow!!! well done. those results are crazy good
Reply 9
Everyone's actually not done too bad!! Yeah I basically am predicted 8/9 in sciences and maths... Hopefully 9 in chem... And 7/8/9 on subjects like geography, history, re, but haven't got English back and I am really scared.. I an literally quite bad at English... However what would you consider a 78% in biology.. Since our school hasn't given us boundaries...
Original post by sapah
Everyone's actually not done too bad!! Yeah I basically am predicted 8/9 in sciences and maths... Hopefully 9 in chem... And 7/8/9 on subjects like geography, history, re, but haven't got English back and I am really scared.. I an literally quite bad at English... However what would you consider a 78% in biology.. Since our school hasn't given us boundaries...

In my school 78% would be a 7. My exam board for science is OCR 21st century though so I have no idea on other examining boards. Even if you did badly in English at least you'll know what you need to improve on when you get your mocks back and its also not uncommon for people to make huge jumps in progress from GCSE mocks to the actual GCSEs.
Maths: 7
English: 6
Science: 8
art: 7
Re: 1
geography: 1
history: 3
Reply 12
Original post by Ihatelife2
English language - 5
English literature - 7
Maths - 7
biology - 7
chemistry - 7
physics - 7
Geography - 6
history - 7
Spanish - 4
I screwed up so badly in Geography, Spanish and English language.
Does anyone have any tips for either of them?

for English language you could start off with the last question which is creative writing since it requires the most time and is worth half the exam.

for geography you could go through the entire spec writing notes on 1 case study per topic and then go through the notes.

I don't do Spanish, I do German and I'm bad at it. A lot of people say the trick is to memorise the grammar rules, memorise key vocab and practice words and phrases (not sure about this although I have improved since trying this I haven't suddenly become good at German and I'm still slightly worried about failing it)
Chemistry - 6
Biology - 6
Maths - 6
Physics - 6
Geography - 6
English - 5

So many 6's...
Except english, I'm dying in English. The grade might not look too bad but I found it hard and never know what I'm doing :unimpressed:
Got a few 9’s, an 8 and a few 7’s but what I really want to ask is how to improve timing? I’m a sloww writer and I missed out quite a few questions in RE, getting a 5, and didn’t properly finish my essays in eng lit, getting a 6.
I got:
Drama-4
English language-5
English literature-6
Graphics-5
History-7(I got a 3 last time so I was in shock when I got this haha)
Mandarin-B
Add mathematics-U (I know I suck)
Mathematics-7
Combined science-6

honestly I was shocked when I got these results I was convinced I'd failed English to be honest so I was pleasantly surprised.
These are my October results:
English Language: 7
English Literature: 7
Maths: 8
Biology: 8
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 7
Geography: 7
French: 7
Religious Studies: 7

Got another set of mocks starting on the 29th of January :unimpressed:
Original post by no real roots
These are my October results:
English Language: 7
English Literature: 7
Maths: 8
Biology: 8
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 7
Geography: 7
French: 7
Religious Studies: 7

Got another set of mocks starting on the 29th of January :unimpressed:

jheezeee ur damn clever :smile: Im jel :frown: :smile: Me too go out on 26th january onwards :frown:
Original post by sapah

I want to kill myself......
Maths - 7
English - 3
Science - 5 - 5
Drama - 5
Art - 5
Business - E!!! ( i want to take business for a level as well)
Original post by Baza2002

I have really similar results to you!
maths - 8
physics - 7
biology - 5
chemistry - 6
german - 5
computer science - 7(1 mark of an 8:angry:)
english lang - 5
english lit - 4
history - 4
spanish - 6

Quick Reply

Latest