The Student Room Group

Personal Statement Writing/Editting services!

any good site out there? Should I avoid any specific site?

There are lots and lots of them on google search. They easily confuse you. There is one called oxbridge personal statements:

It is expensive as hell but I wouldn't mind if their quality was top. anyone have had a previous experience with them?

I'm an international student applying for a master degree. It is not like they will be writing it from zero, I just want them to lay it down in a professional way with beautiful wording in opposite to my plain and simple style. I will not let them add something there that haven't been supplied by me.

So please what do you think about that site? Is there any better or alternative sites you are familiar with?
Universities aren’t looking for beautiful wording - they’re looking for your own words and personality.

You’re wasting your money paying someone to write a ps unless you’re also planning on paying for them to attend lectures in your place and submit essays and sit exams for you.
Very risky. Don't do it.
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Universities aren’t looking for beautiful wording - they’re looking for your own words and personality.

You’re wasting your money paying someone to write a ps unless you’re also planning on paying for them to attend lectures in your place and submit essays and sit exams for you.

they just write what I will tell them professionally.
I don't have problems with scientific lectures or essays.
Reply 4
Original post by DrawTheLine
Very risky. Don't do it.

I have a unique personal statement draft/details. I'm not afraid of plagiarism unless they give my statement to someone else before me lol
Original post by Jas89
any good site out there? Should I avoid any specific site?

There are lots and lots of them on google search. They easily confuse you. There is one called oxbridge personal statements:

It is expensive as hell but I wouldn't mind if their quality was top. anyone have had a previous experience with them?

I'm an international student applying for a master degree. It is not like they will be writing it from zero, I just want them to lay it down in a professional way with beautiful wording in opposite to my plain and simple style. I will not let them add something there that haven't been supplied by me.

So please what do you think about that site? Is there any better or alternative sites you are familiar with?

Plain and simple is probably what they prefer, rather than a PS written by a poor sod that's swallowed a thesaurus.
Original post by Jas89
I have a unique personal statement draft/details. I'm not afraid of plagiarism unless they give my statement to someone else before me lol

Uh huh. And you trust that the words and phrases they use are completely unique to you, are you? You're confident they don't use the same phrases for more than one statement? It's up to you, but just be careful. Glad you see the humour in it though.
Reply 7
Original post by Blue_Cow
Plain and simple is probably what they prefer, rather than a PS written by a poor sod that's swallowed a thesaurus.

I think they prefer professional ones like any other normal person/company in the world.
Reply 8
Original post by DrawTheLine
Uh huh. And you trust that the words and phrases they use are completely unique to you, are you? You're confident they don't use the same phrases for more than one statement? It's up to you, but just be careful. Glad you see the humour in it though.

there won't be space for many phrases just to fill my paper. I can write at least 2 pages right now. I will remove any phrase that looks fishy.
Original post by Jas89
I think they prefer professional ones like any other normal person/company in the world.

You’re wrong.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending