The Student Room Group

Provisional offer with DWP

Hi guys.

I applied for a job as a EO work coach with the department of work and pension. I was successful in my initial tests and interview then placed on the reserve list. About two days later I was contacted with a provisional offer which I accepted.

I have two questions. Firstly on the health questionnaire, at the end it asks me for my GPS details, I haven't been registered with a doctor for years (I rarely get sick) but I have gone to my local doctors and got the registration forms. I put the details of this GP on my health forms, however I am not officially registered at this GP yet, can this affect the status of my offer?

My next question is about my references. I originally applied for this job on the deadline day that applications had to be in. For my employment history I estimated the work dates and basically rushed through the application. Looking back at what I put on my application I can definitely say that some of the dates are wrong by quite a margin. The reason for this is I have done quite a few jobs as well as on off construction work in between. I emailed the recruiter I am dealing with and explained that I estimated the job dates. Will this also affect my application?

Lastly, when I have applied for jobs in the past some of my previous employers have been known to not respond to reference requests. I can almost certainly say at least one of them have not responded to a reference request in the past.. Again, I would like to know if this can affect my offer?

Thankyou
Original post by drcarta59
Hi guys.

I applied for a job as a EO work coach with the department of work and pension. I was successful in my initial tests and interview then placed on the reserve list. About two days later I was contacted with a provisional offer which I accepted.

I have two questions. Firstly on the health questionnaire, at the end it asks me for my GPS details, I haven't been registered with a doctor for years (I rarely get sick) but I have gone to my local doctors and got the registration forms. I put the details of this GP on my health forms, however I am not officially registered at this GP yet, can this affect the status of my offer?

My next question is about my references. I originally applied for this job on the deadline day that applications had to be in. For my employment history I estimated the work dates and basically rushed through the application. Looking back at what I put on my application I can definitely say that some of the dates are wrong by quite a margin. The reason for this is I have done quite a few jobs as well as on off construction work in between. I emailed the recruiter I am dealing with and explained that I estimated the job dates. Will this also affect my application?

Lastly, when I have applied for jobs in the past some of my previous employers have been known to not respond to reference requests. I can almost certainly say at least one of them have not responded to a reference request in the past.. Again, I would like to know if this can affect my offer? If toy have already sent in the registration forms then that should be fine.

Thankyou

1. You must have medical records somewhere. If you havent been I suppose they could ask you to have a medical or at least get feedback that you are in good health.

2. Doubt it unless it was material i.e you said youd worked 5 years rather than 2. You do confirm at the end of your application that everything is accurate.

3.You should supply referees who to the best of your knowledge will supply a reference. They dont have to supply one.

Heres the rules on references.

https://www.gov.uk/work-reference
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
1. You must have medical records somewhere. If you havent been I suppose they could ask you to have a medical or at least get feedback that you are in good health.

2. Doubt it unless it was material i.e you said youd worked 5 years rather than 2. You do confirm at the end of your application that everything is accurate.

3.You should supply referees who to the best of your knowledge will supply a reference. They dont have to supply one.

Heres the rules on references.

https://www.gov.uk/work-reference

They requested refs from every job in the last 3 years
Original post by drcarta59
They requested refs from every job in the last 3 years

Doesnt mean they will all supply or anything other than minimal.
Reply 4
Well yeah I know that hence why my original question was does this matter, to which you said I should provide referees that will respond, I am saying I dont have a choice of references,I have to put down a reference from every employer from the last 3 years. I have said they probably wont all supply references and wondered if that matters and now your response is "doesnt mean they will all supply references" which I have already stated. You arnt helping here.
Hi,
Can I ask who can be put as employer referee?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending