The Student Room Group

middlesex or goldsmiths?

i recieved an unconditional offer from midddlesex and a conditional offer from goldsmiths, i found out that according to student satisfaction, middlesex has a higher rating than goldsmiths. Which one do you think i should accept?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abubakar.a1
i recieved an unconditional offer from midddlesex and a conditional offer from goldsmiths, i found out that according to student satisfaction, middlesex has a higher rating than goldsmiths. Which one do you think i should accept?

Subject? Grades required? Predictions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Subject: computer Science Grade requirements:Goldsmiths want DDD Whereas Middlesex gave an unconditional offer What do u mean by predictions ?
Subject: computer Science Grade requirements:Goldsmiths want DDD Whereas Middlesex gave an unconditional offer What do u mean by predictions ?

Hasn't your referee put your predicted grades in your application? What do you think your chances of getting DDD are?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
OH yh i am predicted DDM but Yh it’s possible for me to get DDD with a 60% chance, but I’ve done some comparisons and found out that the student rating for Middlesex is higher than goldsmiths which means that getting a degree in Middlesex is easier, but I would like other opinions on this decision
OH yh i am predicted DDM but Yh it’s possible for me to get DDD with a 60% chance, but I’ve done some comparisons and found out that the student rating for Middlesex is higher than goldsmiths which means that getting a degree in Middlesex is easier, but I would like other opinions on this decision

In general Goldsmiths is regarded as a better university, but I don't know about CS specifically. Is the Middlesex offer 'unconditional if firmed'?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Right you are studying computer , but the unis you have chosen are both design school.
Reply 7
Yh it’s an offer that if firmed it’s unconditional
Reply 8
Yh but the hav a good rank in terms of computer Science these two unis are ranked one after the other
Yh it’s an offer that if firmed it’s unconditional

Do you prefer the contents of one course over the other?

What is Middlesex's offer if you put them as your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They offered me MMM
They offered me MMM

So you should easily achieve that.

I think it comes down to which course you prefer. Have you visited both unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh I hav for an open day, also I wanna do the same course in both uni but Middlesex is more practical and less theory than goldsmiths and I prefer that.
Yh in fact I’m on a DMM atm, but the thing is I don’t want to waste my effort trying to get Hugh grades to get into a high requirement uni wen there is a better and easier option available for me
Yh I hav for an open day, also I wanna do the same course in both uni but Middlesex is more practical and less theory than goldsmiths and I prefer that.

Then your choice is clear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh so i should choose middlesex? thanks for your help appreciate it
If your preference on university is based on ranking, isnt it obvious that goldsmiths ranks a lot higher than middlesex overall...?
Original post by KeirCKF
If your preference on university is based on ranking, isnt it obvious that goldsmiths ranks a lot higher than middlesex overall...?

But it doesn't for the OP's course. However, I agree with part of your previous comment - that Goldsmiths is better known for more creative subjects.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello!

I am currently studying at Middlesex and I am loving my time here :smile:
It is an extremely friendly community and there are people coming from 145 different nationalities. There are also around 80 different societies, sports and jobs on campus!
We have a very active students' union from the first year of your degree. There is also a lot of support, from essay writing, to well-being.
The lecturers are also very knowledgeable and are all working or have worked in the field.

What course are you going to study?

Have a great day
Ludovica
Let's be fair @Middlesex University, I'd want to go to Hendon for a bagel, but you can get better jerk chicken in New Cross. :wink:

It really depends on what you want to do, @abubakar.a1

Goldsmiths is a smaller university (though very diverse and inclusive) and our computing department is strong in areas like computational arts, computer games and business computing.

The feel of the areas is also quite different, so it may be worth dropping into the campuses and seeing how you feel.

I hope you choose the course that's best for you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending